Visiting Nurse and Hospice for Vermont and New Hampshire
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Build and grow funds:
• Promote annual growth of agency assets by collaborating with Board members, volunteers and staff.
• Build and manage a portfolio of current, lapsed and prospective leadership donors. Promote Philanthropic opportunities, such as unrestricted leadership-level gifts and other organizational giving priorities.
• Cultivate clinician relationships to identify grateful patient prospects.
• Grow future pipeline of estate gifts and planned gifts annually.
• Increase referrals from current fund holders through high satisfaction with our philanthropy services.
• Attend various development-related events, both local and remote (some travel is required).
Attract partners to the Agency:
• Achieve annual operating targets and/or special initiatives and event support.
• Increase referrals with professional advisors annually, (attorneys, accountants, trust officers, financial planners, brokers, insurance agents and other advisors).
• Collaborate with CEO, Manager, Community Relations and Marketing, Board members, volunteers and staff to create authentic engagement opportunities, including designing online and in-person opportunities for donors to connect with our mission.
• Demonstrate to donors the impact of their giving. Provide information on developments and programs relative to their interest.
• Identify, research and cultivate new prospects.
Build full-service philanthropic services:
• Grow philanthropic services that produce ever increasing results from individuals, families and corporations.
• Develop fundraising materials, such as briefing materials, request letters, proposals and personalized gift request materials for key solicitation and stewardship meetings.
• Institutionalize philanthropic services for consistency and quality control.
• Influence organizational decision making through the use of data and trends analysis.
• Collaborate with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Development to implement system philanthropic strategies including direct solicitation of gifts.
• Be a strong VNH advocate and grow knowledge of philanthropy and the community service field.
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
• At least 3 years of related experience.
• Valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation required.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate donors and solicit major gifts of $25,000 or more.
• Experience in fundraising programs required (healthcare preferred).