Vermont Parks Forever is recruiting new Board members! The Board is made up of those passionate about the outdoors and providing access to the state park system. During their 3-year term, Board members attend quarterly meetings and devote a couple of hours a month to furthering VPF’s mission. Applications from BIPOC, women, and members of other underrepresented communities are highly encouraged.
VPF Board members:
– are passionate about the outdoors and helping everyone access the state park system
– are elected for a three-year term, attend quarterly Board meetings, and devote 2-4 hours/month contributing to Board goals and/or assignments
– share individual skills/talents by serving on at least one Board subcommittee
– steer the organization through strategic planning
– fundraise for VPF to the best of their ability together with VPF staff and help make new connections for the organization
– hold VPF as one of their top personal charitable priorities
-bring unique ideas and energy to help grow awareness of the organization
The Board of Directors provides core guidance for Vermont Parks Forever, the foundation for Vermont State Parks. The VPF Board does not provide governance or management for Vermont State Parks but rather works in close collaboration with the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation to enhance and protect the parks.
Meetings are held 50% remote and 50% in person (Montpelier or in a state park – location varies).
Desired Skills: General Board Governance, Nonprofit Financials, Fundraising/Development, Legal, HR, Management/Leadership, Marketing/Communications, Advocacy/Policy, Strategy/Business Planning, Technology
Current # of Board Members: 8
Carries liability insurance?: Yes
Carries D&O liability insurance?: Yes
Time Expectations: 2-4 hrs
Meeting Frequency: Once a quarter
Meeting Location: Remote
Length of Term (in years): 3
Financial contribution required?: Yes
Service on committee required?: Yes
Contact: [email protected]