Use the Vermont Nonprofit Discount Code: CGVT
You organize conferences. You spend considerable time scheduling speakers and managing logistics. You want people to come, have a good experience, and feel connected to your organization. But how do you know you made a difference? How do you make sure that the people who attend your conference are able to do their work differently because they invested time and money in your event? How do you use your conference to move the needle on some important issue facing your organization or sector?
Join learning experts Nancy Bacon and Mark Nilles as they walk through the four elements of conference design:
- Strategy and overall approach
- Pre-conference activities
- The big day: Deliver a day that makes a difference
- Make it stick: Post-conference activities
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe how a conference can fit into your organization’s strategy
- Name several ways that you can get attendees ready to learn before the conference begins
- Support your speakers to deliver excellent workshops
- Describe how to build in opportunities for networking and reflection
- Explain ways to “boost” learning after the conference
We will share practical advice based on implementing and advising on conferences big and small. We will show you how to use tools that we have honed through past conferences. We will leave you ready to deliver learningful conferences for the people you serve.
This webinar is designed for people who organize conferences for membership organizations or associations. It is also appropriate for people who regularly speak at conferences.