A HANDS-ON CERTIFICATE PROGRAM FOR EVERYONE WHO WORKS WITH GROUPS
Do you want to improve your skills as a facilitator, trainer, or consultant? Would you like to learn how to design meetings and training experiences that powerfully engage diverse participants? Would you like to become more adept at managing groups…especially challenging groups facing difficult situations? Do you want to sharpen your insight and develop your portfolio of skills as a consultant?
Our Training, Facilitation, and Consulting Certificate Program is designed for experienced facilitators, trainers, and consultants, and also people who are moving into these roles.
Apply for the 2019-2020 TFC Certificate here.
We’ve designed this program for:
- Employees who provide training and capacity-building in their daily work
- Independent consultants – especially those working with nonprofits – plus people who are considering consulting as a career
- People who want to provide these services to their own organizations, networks, or coalitions
Our trainers are skilled at meeting the needs of a variety of learners and learning styles. You can expect a combination of instruction, exercises, small group work, writing, problem-solving, role playing, and skill-building games.
Optional graduate credit is available for a per credit surcharge. Please contact Kim Lier for more information about receiving 2 graduate credits for this program.
We will cover a variety of subjects, providing ample opportunities for you to practice, make mistakes, reflect, and improve your skills. You will learn how to:
- Understand different ways people learn and engage
- Design and run effective meetings, workshops, and retreats
- Assess and respond to simple and complex group problems and tasks
- Manage groups and group process; creating the conditions for groups to be productive and function at their best
- Build consensus and skillfully address conflict
- Consult with groups and build relationships with clients, partners, and peers
- Increase your confidence working with groups in any context
About 40 percent of our classroom time will be devoted to training, 40 percent to facilitation, and 20 percent to consulting. Through breakout sessions and individual coaching, we are excited to adapt the content to meet your specific needs and offer lots of tips and tricks from the trainer’s toolbox.
Here’s what the participants had to say:
“One of the most important investments I’ve made in my own professional development. I gained skills and knowledge that I could apply immediately. The one-on-one coaching and consulting is worth the cost of tuition!”
“Really broadened my understanding of group dynamics and how to approach unique situations with sensitivity and grace.”
“If you work regularly with groups, facilitate meetings, or want to train smarter, this is the (jam-packed-with-knowledge, friendly, and fun) course for you. And the trainers rock!”
“One of the best gifts I ever gave myself. Totally transformative.”
Our team of instructors and coaches has a combined 80+ years of relevant experience with nonprofits, government agencies, and corporate clients. Collectively, they’ve facilitated more than a thousand workshops, classes, retreats, planning processes, and community collaborations.