Join nonprofit leaders and policymakers February 28th for Vermont Nonprofit Day at the Pavilion Auditorium and Vermont State House!
Vermont Nonprofit Day (formerly Vermont Legislative Day) provides a unique opportunity for nonprofits and community leaders to:
• Learn advocacy best practices from experienced lobbyists and Legislators
• Gain insight into current legislative issues
• Celebrate the strength and value of Vermont’s nonprofit sector
• Network with nonprofit colleagues, funders, legislative staff and influential people in the state!
8:15 a.m. Registration and Coffee in the Pavilion Auditorium Lobby
8:45 – 11:45 a.m. Morning Session in Pavilion Auditorium
- Vermont Legislative Briefings
- Speaker of the House Mitzi Johnson
- Senate President Pro Tem Tim Ashe
- Daniel Barlow, Public Policy Manager, VBSR
- State Budget Process: Amy Shollenberger, Action Circles
- VT Department of Taxes Update: Douglas Farnham Business Analyst
- Recognition for Our Founders: Lauren-Glenn Davitian and Kate Jellema
- CGVT and CNL Merger: What’s Next?
11:45 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch Options at the Pavilion and State House
- Census 2020 and Vermont’s Nonprofit Sector – Pavilion Snelling Room (Registration Required – Light Lunch)
- OR Meet with Your Legislators at the State House Cafeteria (Lunch on your own)
1:30 – 2:30 p.m. State House Rooms 10 and 11
- State Budget Process Workshop with Amy Shollenberger, Action Circles
- What’s Next? Discussion: Help CNL and CGVT post-merger to re-envision a vibrant statewide organization that supports our sector!
(Timing may adjust slightly due to policymaker schedules)
***This event will not be recorded***