Common Good VT is pleased to partner with Montana Nonprofit Association to make the following training available to Vermont nonprofits at a discounted rate (register as Non-Member Individuals or Non-Member Whole Orgs with the code cgvt2021 for 50% off):
Legal responsibilities, strategic vision, financial stewardship…Board Members have a lot on their plates. Whether you are a seasoned board member or a new recruit, this workshop will cover all you need to know to become an excellent board member. Join us for this webinar series to make the most of your board term.
Who Should Attend: Nonprofit leadership teams, board members, board chairs, prospective board members, or any team members interested in better understanding best principles of board governance.
Participants in this workshop will leave with:
- An understanding of board legal responsibilities, duties, and roles
- Tools to govern better as a body, including best practices in board structure, recruitment, relationships, and running meetings
- Opportunity to reflect on current board structure and dynamics, with identified areas to improve
- Access to a resource library with sample policies, templates, and further reading to aid in strengthening your board
Webinars will take place Tuesdays starting October 19, 1 PM – 2:15 PM EST
- October 19 | Board Basics + Responsibilities
- October 26 | Board Structure + Meetings
- November 2 | Board Culture + Board/Staff Dynamics
- November 9 | Recruiting and Onboarding Board Members
- Whole Org Participation: Invite as many members of your team and board to participate for one flat rate
- $175 Whole Org Registration for MNA Members (or State Associations)
- $300 Whole Org Registration for Non MNA Members
- Individual Participation: Register for a single user
- $95 MNA Members (or State Associations)
- $190 Non MNA Members
All sessions will be recorded and the recording will be available to all registered participants. Participants who are unable to attend one or more of the sessions will still have access to all course materials
We are committed to making our online courses as accessible as possible to all learners. Please contact us with any concerns or requests.
About the instructor:
Liz Moore, MNA Executive Director
Liz Moore, MNM, has been the Executive Director for Montana Nonprofit Association (MNA) since 2011. During that time she has lobbied and advocated extensively at the state and federal levels on behalf of Montana’s nonprofit sector. In addition to working with MNA’s Public Policy Council to lead MNA’s policy efforts, she serves on the Board of the National Council of Nonprofits. In that role she serves as the chair of the National Council’s Public Policy Committee. Liz is also an adjunct professor for the University of Montana, teaching Nonprofit Policy and Advocacy in the Masters of Public Administration Program.