Date(s) - September 30, 2022
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Champlain Valley Exposition
Register at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScAeq0pNaccW3mLAGQU0BzXuniNQ8GhrQRdXEp_eRrgys_sDw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Common Good VT is pleased to share this event hosted by The Howard Center. Please contact Brad Ferland ([email protected]) or Melinda White, The Howard Center ([email protected]) with questions about the event.
A Free, Open to the Public Event – Join Us!
On Monday, August 15, 2022, Brad Ferland and Melinda White enthusiastically share the following:
On Friday, September 30, 2022, between 10a – 4:30 PM, thousands will convene with open minds and open hearts at the Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction, Vermont for the 2022 Coming Together Substance Use Addiction Summit. The theme this year: There is HOPE. “I can’t, but we can!”
Championed by the community of recovery organizations, designated agencies, individuals in recovery and the time and talent of gracious volunteers, we endeavor to provide a full, interactive day of education, elevating awareness and togetherness, inspiring hope to Vermonters impacted by the addiction crisis. Further, we seek to bring dynamic visibility to those working together to realize a thriving, unified, statewide recovery community.
This summit seeks to:
● Empower attendees to be advocates for themselves and those seeking and sustaining recovery anywhere in Vermont
● Bring a higher public awareness to the addiction crisis in Vermont and expand awareness of existing resources
● Convene as many ally entities related to addiction and recovery as possible to bridge communication and collaboration
● Showcase and educate on evidence-based recovery methods
● Identify the shared pain-points and areas of deficiency to develop actionable workgroups which will be able to continue to work on cross-functional collaborations, sharing proven methodology for recovery. If a model works in one county or town, we want to share it statewide.
● Provide a day dedicated to cultivating and nurturing relationships among stakeholders.
● Bring hope and solutions to short- and long-term recovery.
● Be a one-stop shop for anyone wanting help for recovery, today
Our collaborative goal is to integrate all organizations, agencies and helpful hearts whose efforts are successfully working for those in crisis, those at-risk and those rebuilding their lives, bringing expansion and equity of these efforts to every corner of Vermont. The event is free. There is no fee for admission and no charge for booth holders (register here). This event is being underwritten by generous, committed sponsors.
Throughout the event, guests will visit your tables, which will be organized by service clusters in the Pavilion. While you’re welcome to advertise any areas, this event is more than a service fair. Rather, we’re focused on long-term solutions, networking, development and expansion of support and Pathways to Promising Life-long Recovery.
Coming Together | There is Hope. “I can’t, together we can”