Date(s) - October 20, 2022 - November 17, 2022
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Fee: $95 individual / $150 whole organization
Register at: https://mtnonprofit.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/mtnonprofit/eventRegistration.jsp?event=103
CGVT is pleased to share this upcoming webinar series hosted by Montana Nonprofit Association. Please contact [email protected] with any questions regarding this event.
Legal responsibilities, strategic vision, financial stewardship…Board Members have a lot on their plates. Whether you are a seasoned board member or a new recruit, this workshop will cover all you need to know to become an excellent board member. Join us for this webinar series to make the most of your board term.
Who Should Attend: Nonprofit leadership teams, board members, board chairs, prospective board members, or any team members interested in better understanding the best principles of board governance.
Participants in this workshop will leave with:
- An understanding of board legal responsibilities, duties, and roles
- Tools to govern better as a body, including best practices in board structure, recruitment, relationships, and running meetings
- Opportunity to reflect on current board structure and dynamics, with identified areas to improve
- Access to a resource library with sample policies, templates, and further reading to aid in strengthening your board
Webinars will take place Thursdays, October 20th – November 17th 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM EST
- October 20 | Board Basics + Responsibilities
- October 27 | Board Structure + Meetings Part 1
- November 3 | Board Structure + Meetings Part 2
- November 10 | Board Culture + Board/Staff Dynamics
- November 17 | Recruiting + Onboarding Board Members
All sessions will be recorded, and the recording will be available to all registered participants. Participants who are unable to attend one or more of the sessions will still have access to all course materials. We are committed to making our online courses as accessible as possible to all learners. Please contact us with any concerns or requests.
- $150 Whole Org
- $95 Individual
Registration Instructions: Please select the MNA member price when registering and note VT as your state for participation tracking purposes.
About the Trainer
Shelby Rogala, Professional and Organizational Development Director
Shelby has been with Montana Nonprofit Association since 2018, serving as the lead on nonprofit training and education programming. Passionate about adult education and community resilience, Shelby believes firmly in learning as a cornerstone of personal and professional fulfillment. She has worked with adult learners for over a decade in classrooms, virtual settings, and on mountainsides. In her role at MNA, Shelby enthusiastically partners with consultants and MNA team members to develop and deliver educational programming for nonprofit professionals ranging from use-at-work toolkits to extensive leadership training to conferences serving over 1,500 attendees. She is a currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Adult Education and Training at Colorado State University, and is a graduate of Montana State University – Bozeman with degrees in History and Philosophy.