Date(s) - May 24, 2022
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Fee: $15 with discount code "VERMONT"
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/decolonizing-philanthropy-tickets-300840180077
This webinar will guide you through the current movement to decolonize philanthropy, plus how to position and align organizations within it.
About this event
Participants will be guided through the current movement to decolonize the nonprofit and philanthropy industries and ways that their organizations can be positioned and aligned with the purpose, goals, and mission of this movement.
Essential questions considered include:
- What does it mean to “decolonize” philanthropy?
- What are the ways in which current systems, frameworks, and processes in nonprofit and philanthropy uphold oppression and white supremacy?
- Understand the racist historical roots of philanthropy
- Compare and contrast colonized philanthropic practices vs. decolonized philanthropic practices
- Analyze and reflect the ways in which foundations might be upholding colonized frameworks in how it operates and explore ways to decolonize organizational practices
This workshop will be presented by Calvin Eaton, Founder & CEO of 540WMain, Inc.
Register Here (Discount Code: VERMONT)
Enter code at top of ticket box:
This webinar is provided in partnership with the Association of Nonprofit Specialists. Thanks to Nonprofit Specialists’ Annual Sponsor: Nonprofit Solutions Network.
Participants who complete the post-session evaluation can receive a PDF copy of the presentation.