Common Good Vermont is partnering with Washington Nonprofits to bring you this online course on June 4 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm (Pacific). The cost is $20 for Vermont nonprofits.
60-minute webinar: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 12:00pm Pacific Time
$20 Members of State Nonprofit Associations (Use code CGVT)
It’s a well-known fact that people and organizations are stronger and more grounded in creating their futures when accurate information is the basis for their decision-making. Yet, as diverse stakeholders are invited into solving problems, leveraging opportunities, and charting the future, many are taking part in conversations that are based on a low-degree of facts and a high-degree of subjectivity.
A well-timed and thoughtful assessment is as fundamental to the health and vitality of an organization as a physical examination is for any living thing. The results provide an indication of areas that are functioning as needed and expected. It also can draw attention to processes or systems that may be underperforming or putting the organization’s viability ultimately at risk.
This one-hour overview of organizational assessments offers a framework for participants to consider the key elements of a reasonable review and have a discussion within their own association, congregation or charitable cause about what constitutes reasonable evaluation of the key indicators of their performance. At Third Sector Company, we believe that the results of an organizational assessment create a foundation for deeper dive evaluations aimed at the chief executive performance review process and an annual board assessment.
You will leave this course ready to:
- Construct a thoughtful organizational assessment framework
- Engage in a directed conversation with board and management about starting a reasonable organizational assessment process and its value to both management and governance
- Coordinate a timed evaluation culture that creates a synergistic relationship between an organizational assessment and the resulting impact on executive and board performance reviews
Who Should Attend: Board Members, Nonprofit Staff, Executive Directors
The pandemic has changed how we communicate – but your donors still want to support your important work. In this highly interactive workshop we will show you how to comfortably navigate a donor solicitation using remote tools and the Connecting Conversations meeting outline.
You will leave with the skills and confidence you need to have grounded, meaningful conversations with your donors via video meeting.
Registration is limited to 20 participants per webinar. This will be an interactive zoom training.
2 sessions (same material)
- Friday – May 29th at 8:00-10:00
- Tuesday – June 9th at 3:00-5:00 pm
- Jenn Hayslett is a highly rated coach and facilitator who specializes in increasing the confidence of development professionals and board members in directly asking donors to support your organization’s important work – yes, even on a video call.
- Angelique McAlpine is a Graphic Facilitator who uses familiar and newly emerging visual tools to design and deliver engaging and interactive meetings – especially Zoom and video meetings!