Are you eager to learn the skills and expertise necessary to make an impact in the mission-driven nonprofit sector?
The Common Good Vermont Nonprofit Management (NPM) Certificate provides immediately-applicable training in the core competencies of nonprofit management and emerging nonprofit issues. It is intended for people who want to make a serious investment in their mission-driven careers.
The Program is Vermont’s longest-standing training program for nonprofit leaders. For over 10 years, this renowned program has instructed executive directors, staff, and emerging leaders from Vermont and Northern New England.
Who Should Apply?
Whether you are currently in a leadership position or are new to the sector, this program is for you. The Certificate Program is designed for active practitioners and leaders in Northern New England’s vibrant nonprofit community. Professionals transitioning to the nonprofit sector or who are starting their own nonprofit are also welcome. Seating is limited.
When is the Program?
The 2021-2022 Program will begin in October, with full-day online sessions approximately every two weeks through March (with a recess in December).
- October 8th Program Orientation & Introduction to VT Nonprofits with Common Good VT
- October 15th Nonprofit Leadership with Amanda Silver
- November 5th Governance & Board Leadership with Katherine Sims
- November 19th Strategic Planning with Claire Wheeler
- December 3rd Outcomes & Evaluation with Hillary Orsini
- Winter Recess and Reflection
- January 7th Employment & Human Resources (Multi-Speaker)
- January 21st Nonprofit Financial Management (Multi-Speaker)
- February 4th Fundraising and Development with Jenn Hayslett
- February 18th Closing Conversations & Graduation
In addition to each live training, there are 1-2 self-guided lessons. All trainings take place on Fridays from 9am – 3pm (with built-in breaks).
A note on COVID-19: We continue to adapt our programs to ensure the safety and success of our participants, trainers, and staff. Prior to the pandemic, this program was structured as a weekly 8 hour in person program. This year’s program is based on ongoing feedback and best practices from virtual learnings strategies. We welcome any and all feedback to ensure the program effectiveness and our participants’ wellbeing.