Date(s) - July 20, 2022
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fee: $129 with discount code "NCN"
Register at: https://www.minnesotanonprofits.org/events/event-detail/2022/07/20/default-calendar/spotlight-managing-for-mental-health-creating-whole-human-workspaces
In this day-long session, we will get specific about the challenges of supporting staff over the last three years while underscoring the importance of human-centered, identity-inclusive, and nuanced supervisory practices as a long-term commitment. One that existed before and will continue beyond COVID-19 and recent racial and economic reckonings. The mental health of managers and supervisors will be a through line—offering insight into caring for oneself while caring for others. We all know that when the reserves are empty it is harder to show up as your authentic and engaged self.
This Spotlight is oriented to nonprofit managers, supervisors, and human resource and operations specialists working to build their capacity for addressing mental and emotional health within their organizations.
Spotlights are day-long virtual trainings, offering four to five 60-minute sessions, each exploring a different aspect of a specific topic. Each session will be led by experienced nonprofit leaders and subject-matter experts. Spotlights are designed to offer practical information that can be applied immediately along with larger-picture questions and possibilities to consider for the long-term. Breaks will be incorporated throughout.
Topics to be covered:
- Building individual consciousness around intersecting identities to better support people outside of your own experience who are moving through mental and emotional stress
- Deciphering what one can and cannot ask/do if they witness an employee/colleague struggling
- Creating internal policies, procedures, and expectations with a mental health lens
- Protecting yourself while you care for others
- Supporting liberation and healing through affirming unapologetic authenticity at work
Full descriptions of each session coming soon.