Date(s) - December 13, 2022
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Common Good VT is pleased to partner with the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits to present this shared webinar. Please contact [email protected] with questions about this event.
In these unprecedented times, nonprofit governance and leadership are more important than ever. To meet the urgent needs of this moment and beyond, nonprofits need boards and executives who are not only fulfilling their legal responsibility but are also demonstrating strong leadership.
This workshop will help nonprofit board members and executives gain greater clarity and understanding of the requirements of and the leadership opportunities for nonprofit boards, including what is involved in an effective partnership between the board and the nonprofit Executive Director/CEO, and consider new and emerging ways to govern and lead.
As a result of attending this session, participants will:
- Build an understanding of today’s commonly considered “best practices” in nonprofit governance and leadership
- Increase awareness of today’s nonprofit governance and leadership opportunities and challenges
- Explore what’s emerging in nonprofit governance and leadership
- Learn about resources to strengthen their nonprofit’s governance and leadership
Note: Use code the NCN to register at the discounted member rate.
- This virtual event will take place on the Zoom platform. Your access link will be emailed to you the day before the event after 12 p.m.
- This session will be recorded. The recording will be made available to registrants after the live event.
- Captioning is provided automatically through Zoom. For information on requesting CART, ASL, or another accommodation, please visit our Registration Policies page.
- To learn more about events, registration, and payment, visit our Event & Registration FAQ page.
Sherry Holtz is an experienced nonprofit board chair, nonprofit board member, consultant to nonprofit leaders, and multi-disciplined human resources leader. She is a BoardSource Certified Governance Consultant, an invitation-only network of vetted consultants that share BoardSource’s vision of a world where every social sector organization has the leadership it needs to fulfill its mission and advance the public good. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration and Computer Science from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota, as well as a Master of Arts degree in Industrial Relations/Human Resources from the University of Minnesota. Sherry is founder and principal consultant of Mission Momentum LLC, a consulting firm specializing in nonprofit leadership effectiveness, strategy development and implementation, and organization design and alignment.