The Vermont Agency of Education requests applications from eligible organizations and entities to implement Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) activities in Vermont.
The deadline to apply has been extended to April 15, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Grant awards will be announced by May 15, 2020.
The complete grant application, the PowerPoint presentation from the applicant workshop and other information are on the Vermont Agency of Education’s Website.
Under the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014, AEL activities include:
- Adult education;
- Workplace adult education and literacy;
- Family literacy activities;
- English language acquisition activities;
- Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education;
- Workforce preparation activities; and
- Integrated education and training.
Applicants must demonstrate effectiveness in providing AEL activities. Organizations and entities eligible to apply include:
- Local Educational Agencies
- Community Based Organizations
- Volunteer Literacy Organizations
- Institutions of Higher Education
- Public or Private Nonprofit Agencies
- Public Housing Authorities
- Nonprofit Organizations, not described above, that have the ability to provide literacy services to adults and families
- Consortiums of agencies, organizations, institutions, libraries, or authorities described above
- Partnerships between an employer and an entity described above