Website All Souls Interfaith Gathering
WHAT IS ALL SOULS INTERFAITH GATHERING?
All Souls Interfaith Gathering is an inclusive spiritual community where all are welcome. Our mission is to cultivate inner peace and inspire connection with Divine Source. Music plays a major role in our services because we believe that it provides a special spiritual connection. Along with music, the services combine spiritual readings and reflections on world issues and personal values, as well as Christian, Jewish, Islam, Buddhists, Hindu, Taoist and Native American beliefs and sacred texts.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A MUSIC DIRECTOR?
The Music Director will collaborate with our Lead Pastor and Minister of Service Coordination to create and weave music into our services to help strengthen our connection. Our ideal candidate will be able to 1) play keyboard and guitar for a broad range of musical styles from interfaith and spiritual traditions, 2) lead and coordinate a chorus, and 3) encourage our community to connect through music.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Collaborate with our Lead Pastor and Minister of Service Coordination to create and weave music into our weekly Music and Spirit Services
- Identify and perform a broad range of musical styles that incorporate music from interfaith and spiritual traditions
- Identify and coordinate guest musicians as time and budget allow (currently anticipate this quarterly, but may expand to monthly or even more frequently over time)
- Cultivate and lead a community chorus and identify opportunities for the chorus to perform in the community
- Help All Souls develop community recognition as a place to celebrates and inspires connection through music
- Other duties as may be required or requested.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- Able to read and play music from a variety of styles and disciplines
- Experience singing and playing keyboard and guitar
- Demonstrates an active and vital spiritual life, including observance of spiritual practices
- Embraces an interfaith orientation
- Collaborative team player
- Able to engage with, encourage and relate well with youth, adults and senior adults
- These skills are normally acquired with training in music, spiritual studies and or equivalent experience.
WHAT IS THE SPECIFIC TIME COMMITMENT FOR THIS POSITION?
- 8-12 hours per week
- Attend weekly meetings on Tuesday or Wednesday to plan and coordinate weekly services and other special programming.
- Setup for and attend weekly Sunday services. Set-up at 3:30 p.m., service at 5:00 p.m., breakdown by 6:30 p.m.
- Lead and guide community chorus rehearsals (dates/times TBD)
Please note that All Souls follows state guidelines related to COVID-19. As such our musical offerings may be adapted or adjusted as guidelines evolve.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Pay for position is $21.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org