Website ARC Rutland Area
About ARC Rutland Area (Advocacy, Resources, Community)
ARC Rutland Area is a small 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual average budget of $100K. Our mission is to advocate for the right of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to be regarded as valued citizens with the same entitlements as non-disabled individuals, including the right to lifelong opportunities for personal growth and full participation in the community. We offer a variety of programs in support of this mission including: representative payee services, Self-Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE-R), Aktion Club, The Wing Center/ Sensory Room, Great Outdoor Initiative, and various other social events for our members. To learn more about our agency and our programming, please visit our web page at arcrutlandarea.org.
ARC Rutland Area is seeking a full-time Executive Director to provide leadership and vision to ARC RA in accordance with our mission The Executive Director will oversee the daily operations of ARC RA and manage its compliance with legal, grant, and regulatory requirements. The Executive Director will also focus strongly on grant writing and fundraising initiatives to secure needed funding. This is a 40 hours per week salaried position with occasional evening and weekend hours required. The Executive Director reports to the ARC Rutland Area Board of Directors.
· Be the ultimate owner and driver of all org-wide processes, projects, programs, and strategic initiatives (regardless of size and scope); stepping in to create organizational structure, expectations, and prioritization and provide clarity in ambiguous and complex situations to achieve org-wide strategic objectives and day-to-day activities.
· Vigorously explore and secure funding opportunities through grant proposal writing, facilitating town appropriations annually, developing and coordinating fundraising initiatives, and reviewing contracts
· Provide financial management including preparation and management of the annual budget, tracking income and expenses, maintaining exceptional financial and personnel records, prioritizing use of resources. Prepare, interpret, and present financial statements to aid in decision making.
· Maintain healthy and predictable growth by establishing and consistently meeting execution milestones related to the organization’s financial and operating plans.
· Work closely with Board of Directors to develop a strategic plan for the organization and further define the vision and growth strategy for the organization as well as lead the overall execution of the plan.
· Recruit, hire, onboard/train, and evaluate staff; conduct annual performance evaluations; take disciplinary measures when appropriate with approval and input from the Board of Directors
· Coordinate marketing and public relations through various media outlets (e.g., radio appearances, press releases, public speaking, trainings); ensure marketing materials are updated; serve as organization’s primary spokesperson and representative with the goals of promoting the organization’s services, securing funds, and increasing community awareness and understanding of developmental disabilities.
· Establish and drive an achievement oriented culture that demands accountability, integrity, equity, inclusiveness, diversity, collaboration, creativity, hard work, and fun in accordance with the organization’s values.
· Manage compliance issues and other standards of performance. Maintain consistent quality and sustainability at growing Wing Center and all other programs.
· Ensure and manage clear priorities, schedule and allocate appropriate resources to all projects making sure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/contract period, so that plans remain consistent with overall business objectives, while also maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
· Present org-wide outcomes, priorities, and achievements to partners and stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, donors, and funders.
· Facilitate ARC RA’s programs and events.
· Develop new, innovative programs to support the mission and goals of ARC Rutland Area (subject to the approval of the Board of Directors) and secure funding to support these programs. Recruit, mentor and retain a Program Director who will share the organization’s mission and goals when funding permits.
· Coordinate Board of Director meetings by preparing meeting agendas in consultation with the board president, providing updates through directors’ reports, and distributing materials. Attendance at board meetings and Board committee meetings is required. Weekly check-in meetings with the board president is also strongly encouraged.
· Remain knowledgeable of social and political issues related to our services and mission; anticipate future trends likely to impact our programming
· Establish and foster strong, respectful, caring working relationships with self-advocates, members, the Board of Directors, staff, donors, volunteers, community groups, legislators, funding agencies, and partner organizations
· Perform other duties as necessary to ensure the success of the organization and as assigned by the Board of Directors.
· Bachelor’s degree in human services or relevant field
· 5 years of progressive managerial experience
· Background in special education desirable
· Must have strong writing skills; demonstrated ability and success in writing grant proposals and obtaining funding to support staff and programming
· Exceptional skills in leadership, rapport-building, written and verbal communication, time management, and organization
· Ability to think creatively to meet the needs of ARC RA and those we serve
· Strong sense of self-motivation and innovation
· Must be detail-oriented, patient, and compassionate
· Passion for working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Salary range is 45K to 54K
Health Insurance and Paid vacation time
ARC Rutland Area is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to ARCRABoardofdirectors@gmail.com