Website Associates for Training and Development
Are you a driven, creative, energetic professional? Do you enjoy writing, producing exceptional marketing content, contributing to the development of a team, and working with a variety of people?
We have the role for you!
Associates for Training and Development (A4TD) is a large, private nonprofit corporation serving 5 states across the northeast. For over 38 years, we have flourished in our mission to provide job training services to special populations, including older workers age 55+. We are recognized nationally as a leader in this field, and we love what we do!
We have a dynamic team of professionals with very diverse backgrounds! Our team is made up of former restaurant managers, military servicemen and women, human services experts, healthcare providers, project managers, teachers, coaches, accountants, and many more.
We can train the right person!
We have an immediate opening for a motivated professional to join our team. The Business Writer and Talent Development Director is a key role that contributes to successful team-building, and leads important writing initiatives related to the company’s overall sustainability. Writing projects include company policies, competitive grant submissions, various narrative reports, and a new comprehensive annual report which this position will be able to design! The position provides leadership in the area of public relations, publicity and marketing, and overseeing the company’s marketing efforts, including social media and website content. The position also manages human resources functions related to talent cultivation and benefits administration. Position based in St. Albans, Vermont.
· A very competitive benefits package (generous 401k match; health, dental, and vision insurance; paid federal holidays, sick and vacation time; life insurance.)
· A positive work environment where new ideas are welcomed
· Opportunities for professional growth & development
· A diverse and hardworking team that learns from one another
· Flexibility in a way that prioritizes a work-life balance
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in human resources, English, business, or related field
Experience: Minimum 5 years in business or human resource related field; understanding of labor law and employment equity regulations
· A self-starter who can work independently with minimal direction, while maintaining a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
· The ability to creatively solve problems and innovate within a highly regulated environment
· Knowledge of best practices around the recruitment, retention, management, and development of team members
· Computer skills: Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office suite products including Word, Excel and Outlook; file management skills; online research skills
· Communication skills: the ability to deliver engaging presentations to groups of people; the ability to clearly and concisely communicate one-on-one both verbally and in writing; the ability to engage in active listening
· Research skills: ability to find accurate, up to date intelligence from a variety of sources, ascertain its relevance, and compile it into concise, usable, information for managers
· Interpersonal skills: ability to develop and maintain cooperative and successful working relationships with outside organizations
· Time management and organizational skills: ability to balance competing, time-sensitive priorities, keep accurate and complete records
· Experience working with mature workers, culturally diverse populations, and persons with disabilities
· Experience in grant writing and/or nonprofit fundraising
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
· Authorization to work in the USA required
Are you ready for a job you can love? We want to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. Only those applicants who submit both documents will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org