Website Associates for Training and Development
Are you a project or program manager with an aptitude for developing and executing plans that get results by championing a culture of accountability and consistent management practices? Are you creative, innovative, and can you think outside the box? Do you want to help people and make a difference?
We have the role for you!
Associates for Training and Development (A4TD) is a large, private nonprofit corporation serving 5 states across the northeast. For over 38 years, we have flourished in our mission to provide job training services to special populations, including older workers age 55+. We are recognized nationally as a leader in this field, and we love what we do!
We have a dynamic team of professionals with very diverse backgrounds! Our team is made up of former restaurant managers, military servicemen and women, human services experts, healthcare providers, project managers, teachers, coaches, accountants, and many more.
We can train the right person!
We have an immediate opening for a motivated professional to join our team. The Director of Programs provides oversight and supervision for special projects and programs, including the Vermont Returnship Program, the Connecticut Older Worker Training Program, Peer Mentoring and Loaner Technology Programs, and potentially others. This position oversees partnership development for the organization, building relationships with training providers, businesses, organizations within the aging services network, and other workforce development entities. The position provides project management support for other manager-level personnel, and assists with business writing. The position also conducts important research that contributes to key reporting, and informs strategic decisions about future program development. Position based in St. Albans, Vermont.
· A very competitive benefits package (generous 401k match; health, dental, and vision insurance; paid federal holidays, sick and vacation time; life insurance.)
· A positive work environment where new ideas are welcomed
· Opportunities for professional growth & development
· A diverse and hardworking team that learns from one another
· Flexibility in a way that prioritizes a work-life balance
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in business, communications, or related field
Experience: Minimum 5 years in program or project management
· A self-starter who can work independently with minimal direction, while maintaining a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
· The ability to creatively solve problems and innovate within a highly regulated environment
· Computer skills: Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office suite products including Word, Excel and Outlook; file management skills; online research skills
· Communication skills: the ability to deliver engaging presentations to groups of people; the ability to clearly and concisely communicate one-on-one both verbally and in writing; the ability to engage in active listening
· Research skills: ability to find accurate, up to date intelligence from a variety of sources, ascertain its relevance, and compile it into concise, usable, information
· Interpersonal skills: ability to develop and maintain cooperative and successful working relationships with outside organizations
· Time management and organizational skills: ability to balance competing, time-sensitive priorities, keep accurate and complete records
· Experience working with mature workers, culturally diverse populations, and persons with disabilities
· Project management training and certification preferred (PMP, CAPM, PgMP, etc.)
· Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
· Authorization to work in the USA required
Are you ready for a job you can love? We want to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. Only those applicants who submit both documents will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org