Website Bugbee Senior Center
Come make a difference in your community by helping older adults lead full and independent lives. We offer a friendly work environment, plenty of opportunities to be creative, and a chance to meet older adults from all walks of life and backgrounds.
Bugbee Senior Center has been serving older adults from Hartford, Hartland, Thetford, and Norwich since the 1970s. An important resource for our community, we offer:
- Home delivered and on-site meal programs
- Educational, social, and entertaining activities and events for local senior citizens
- Free loans of durable medical equipment
- Social services
- Transportation services
Located adjacent to downtown White River Junction, VT at the junction of I-89 and I-91, we are right at the center of the Upper Valley. Our facility includes a large dining room, kitchen, offices, library, and plenty of meeting/flex space for activities.
We are looking for a full-time activities coordinator with experience in human services, event planning, recreation and activity planning, volunteer coordinating, and administration. The ideal candidate is creative, friendly, and team oriented, and familiar with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and database software. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off, sick leave, and holiday pay
- Guaranteed weekly hours
- Opportunities for professional development and skills advancement
- Plan, implement, and evaluate senior activities and events
- Recruit, enroll, and manage volunteers
- Coordinate donation and pickup of durable medical equipment
- Help get the word out about happenings at the Center
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
You should consider applying if:
- You want to make a meaningful difference in older adults’ lives
- You like working with people
- You’re seeking a fun, team-oriented working environment
- You’ve got a knack for creativity
- You are looking to enhance your skills in human services
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Send your resume and cover letter (.pdf or .docx file format) to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is Friday, January 22. All qualified candidates will be invited to interview via Zoom.