Website Common Good Vermont
Common Good Vermont Program Associate
- Part-time temporary position
- Starting Pay: $19.00 per hour
- Schedule: Estimated 16-20 hours per week
- Flexible work hours with in-person and remote work
- South Burlington, VT
Are you passionate about nonprofits and supporting the common good? Are you excited to learn about and gain experience within Vermont’s nonprofit sector?
Common Good Vermont (CGVT) is looking for a new Program Associate to join our growing team. The new position works with CGVT’s Director to help steer CGVT as a go to resource for Vermont nonprofits to share resources, gain skills, and build partnerships.
Join one of the best places to work in Vermont! A recently merged program of the United Way Northwest VT, CGVT provides capacity building training and advocacy services to nonprofits statewide.
The Program Associate is responsible for supporting the CGVT Director with administrative support, programming events, and communications coordination. The successful candidate is an outgoing and effective communicator with strong writing skills, experienced with training events, and is detail and action oriented. Familiarity with Vermont’s nonprofit community is preferred.
This part-time limited position (May to September of 2021) including flexible hours with a combination of remote and in-person work at the United Way Northwest VT South Burlington office. In office work and limited travel is dependent on current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Programming & Events Support: Provide planning support, sales, and event coordination from start-to-finish for various event sizes and forms. Assist with logistics for virtual events, including populating event platforms with content and updates. Respond to participant and trainer needs for various events and services.
- Communications Coordination: Coordinate content, copywriting and posting to the CGVT website, VT Nonprofit Newsletter, VT Nonprofit Jobs Posting Board, VT Nonprofit Training Calendar, and other online publications and resources. Update and maintain contact lists within email marketing platforms and outreach databases.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative support including but not limited to sales coordination, technical support, survey development, and general customer service for CGVT programs.
- Complete related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in program coordination and/or project communications in a nonprofit or academic setting.
- Well organized and detail oriented with exemplary time and project management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills who can establish and maintains effective relationships with individuals and organizations.
- Strong communicator with excellent listening and effective speaking skills. Able to write and speak succinctly in variety of settings and styles to various audiences.
- Proficiency in content management (e.g., WordPress, MailChimp, Survey Monkey), experience working with databases, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and familiar with Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Driver’s license and vehicle required.
The Common Good Vermont program at United Way of Northwest Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for candidates to join our team who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization. United Way of Northwest Vermont is committed to building an inclusive culture—in our workplace and the community at large—that celebrates the diverse voices of our employees, volunteers, donors, community partners and the individuals and families we serve.
To apply candidates should send via e-mail a resume and cover letter to Hiring@unitedwaynwvt.org. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to Hiring@unitedwaynwvt.org