Website Circus Smirkus
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager manages various Business Office and Accounting functions. They are responsible for accounts payable, payroll and various office and human resources administrative functions.
- Ensure that accurate, complete and timely financial transaction data is entered into Quickbooks.
- Process payment to and reconcile credit card accounts.
- Monitor accounts payable and schedule and process vendor invoices and payments. Maintain relationships and communications with vendors as needed.
- Prepare checks for signatures.
- Make bank deposits.
- Prepare invoices and track receivables.
- Maintain product inventory records, including Cost of Goods.
- Compute and process state sales taxes as necessary.
- Assist the Accountant with preparing and gathering items for the annual audit as needed.
- Maintain all bookkeeping and filing records including electronic files.
- Enter and reconcile data and prepare reports from camp registration system.
- Manage accounting entries for ticket sales, concession sales, and seasonal Tour and Camp sales receipts.
- Responsible for distributing and collecting completed employee forms. Maintain confidential employee files.
- Process and manage all aspects of payroll and employee benefits. This includes preparing payroll, tracking all benefits, and resolving problems, and providing payroll reports as needed.
- Keep an updated inventory of office equipment/fixed asset list.
- Purchase and maintain up-to-date inventory of office supplies.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks, including filing.
- Develop and manage office policies, procedures, and process improvements in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Support the coordination of activities with other staff in order to carry out the mission of Circus Smirkus.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of progressively more responsible work experience in a general office environment.
- One to three years of bookkeeping experience, including familiarity with payroll processing.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle competing priorities.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and electronic filing systems (OneDrive, Dropbox. Google Drive).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience working in non-profit sector preferred.
Work is in an indoor office setting, with the option to work a combination of remote and on-site. Onsite requirement increases during the circus season (May thru September).
Work involves standing, walking, bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, hearing, and communicating effectively. May be requested to drive locally for pick up and deliveries, etc.
Supervision is received from the Executive Director, with additional oversight from the Accountant.
A PROMISE OF INCLUSION
Circus Smirkus celebrates all types of peoples, cultures, and skills to showcase the multifaceted triumph of human abilities, particularly among our youth population. Joining Circus Smirkus – as a participant, an employee, a volunteer, or an audience member – means you belong. And to all who join, Smirkus asks for you to embrace our values and to help us create joy and magic for everyone who encounters a Smirkus program. We commit to providing everyone equal opportunity to shine— both in and out of the ring.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org