Website Clean Energy Group
Clean Energy Group (CEG) and the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) seek a Communications Associate. Communications staff play an integral role in supporting CEG and CESA’s shared missions to advance equitable climate solutions. The Associate will be involved in a variety of communications work, including websites, online and in-person events, newsletters, and social media. The Associate will have the opportunity to develop strategic communications skills and learn about clean energy policies and technologies.
CEG and CESA are sister nonprofit organizations that advance clean energy solutions across the country. CEG is a national nonprofit advocacy organization, providing innovative technical, economic, and policy solutions to enable communities to participate equitably in the clean energy transition and help ensure affordable, reliable, clean energy for all. CESA is a national nonprofit coalition of public agencies and organizations—mostly state agencies—including many of the most innovative, successful, and influential public funders of clean energy initiatives in the country. The Communications Associate will be a CEG employee but will work on tasks for both organizations. For more information about CEG and CESA, see www.cleanegroup.org and www.cesa.org.
Clean Energy Group employees can choose to work remotely from home or at the Montpelier, Vermont office. A combination of remote and in-office work is also possible. CEG offers a flexible workplace environment and is committed to ensuring employees have all the tools they need to perform their job duties whether at home or in the office. CEG is able to offer reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the activities needed for this position.
This is a full-time position, with responsibilities commencing immediately upon selection of the most qualified candidate.
The Communications Associate will carry out a range of communications and administrative tasks and will be supervised by the CEG/CESA Communications Manager. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform website updates
- Give special attention to a CESA offshore wind website, including promoting stakeholder engagement through direct outreach, e-newsletters, and social media
- Develop creative content and messaging for social media channels (Twitter/X, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Support CESA and CEG events (virtual and in-person), including event marketing, registrations, and other tasks as needed
- Coordinate and facilitate webinars
- Maintain media contact databases
- Format newsletters in established design templates
- Write content for newsletters, blogs, media releases, social media, and websites
Wondering whether you have the right credentials or background to apply? We value lived experience and are serious about embracing diversity. Desired qualifications include the following:
- Strong digital literacy; quick to learn how to use digital tools and website platforms
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Commitment to and interest in clean energy
- Organized and detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Desire to build communications skills and expand knowledge on clean energy topics
- Good visual / design sense; adept with basic elements of formatting, graphic design in MS
- Word, PowerPoint, and Canva (or similar)
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Communications / marketing
- Clean energy topics
- Event management (online or in person)
- Using social media as a business tool (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Drafting and/or formatting e-newsletters
- Back-end website management
- Graphic design
- Video editing
Salary and Benefits
Anticipated starting salary is $45,000 – $51,000, depending upon qualifications. Excellent benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance with a maximum 10% employee cost contribution; life insurance; generous matching of retirement plan contributions; starting four-weeks paid time off; and paid sick days, parental leave, and 12 paid holidays.
Occasional domestic travel will be required. Business travel typically lasts from two to three days with some weekend travel necessary.
About Our Workplace
CEG and CESA are committed to continued learning and improvement related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ), both in our external work and internally as an organization. We are committed to building a connected remote workplace, where staff feel comradery and pride in their contribution to our missions. Staff are invited to weekly optional social calls and quarterly team-building events. Annual staff retreats provide an opportunity to collaborate in person.
Submit a cover letter and resume via email to [email protected]. For the email’s subject line, enter “Communications Associate.” In your application, include links to or copies of any relevant communications/marketing materials that represent your skills and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com