Website Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS)
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work in your community, join the passionate, community minded team at the Committee on Temporary Shelter! For 40 years COTS has been working in Chittenden County to creatively find solutions to end homelessness; we aren’t afraid to try new things. We are looking for team members with a passion for doing good and creative thinking. COTS offers a competitive benefits package including access to healthcare, retirement savings, and robust time off, as well as benefits focused on supporting human services professionals with mental and emotional wellbeing.
COTS strives to create a supportive, collaborative and fun work environment…consider joining us on our mission to end homelessness!
The Recruiter & HR Administrator is a newly created position at COTS, responsible for handling the talent acquisition process from role creation to onboarding of new team members. This role will also support a variety of administrative HR tasks, collaborating closely with the HR Director to determine priorities, projects, and tasks most needed to support the organization and ensure compliance with all regulations and employment laws. This role will serve as a payroll processing backup to our Accounting & Payroll Specialist.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- Implement a robust, proactive talent acquisition process for the organization
- Gain a thorough understanding of the roles and responsibilities across the organization
- Maintain up to date job descriptions for each position
- Partner with hiring managers to develop hiring criteria for open positions
- Identify the most effective recruitment strategies based on the open positions and needs of the agency
- Maintain records including open position information, applicant tracking, recruitment costs/invoicing, etc.
- Attend community recruitment events such as career fairs
- Collaborate with the HR Director and hiring managers to implement an enhanced employee onboarding experience.
- Other HR administrative tasks as requested
- Maintain employee records accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist team members with a variety of HR related topics such as benefit enrollments, status changes, handbook questions
- Create and run reports as needed from the payroll system (currently Paychex)
- Assist with planning and facilitating company wide events and meetings
- Support various organizational projects as needed
- Collaborate with the HR Director on maintaining up to date HR procedural documentation
- Serve as the primary backup for bi-weekly payroll processing, and assist with payroll related employee inquiries as needed.
- Building and/or maintaining positive, collaborative relationships with other COTS team members across the organization as well as community partners.
Requirements for this position are:
- A high school degree or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a human resources role required; prior experience in nonprofit strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of recruitment experience is required.
- Payroll processing and project management experience a plus!
- High integrity and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality are required in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict and crisis management required.
- Reliability, independent decision making, computer skills (Excel & HRIS databases), and strong communication skills are required.
- Prior experience working with marginalized communities, such as people experiencing homelessness, individuals with mental health challenges, substance use and trauma histories is preferred.
All positions at COTS require a commitment to our mission: Advocating for long-term solutions to end homelessness and provide emergency shelter, services, and long-term housing for Vermonters who are experiencing homelessness or are marginally housed.
This is a full time, hourly position with benefits. Pay range starting at $22.00/hour. To apply, submit a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest to you and your resume to [email protected].
COTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We embrace diversity and encourage all to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com