Website Community Harvest of Central Vermont
Community Harvest of Central Vermont (CHCV), Central Vermont’s gleaning organization for the past decade, is hiring for our Administrative Manager position. CHCV brings the community together through gleaning to recover surplus food produced on area farms to feed those with limited access to healthy, fresh local food, and in the process, helps the community to gain a greater awareness and appreciation of the local food system, healthy eating, and waste reduction.
This position works closely with CHCV’s Executive Director on the administrative functions of our small nonprofit. Responsibilities include support for organizational recordkeeping and bookkeeping, human resources and training needs, and related data and systems management to help our small team function at its best. This is a hybrid remote/office position with some opportunities for food handling/outside gleaning work.
The successful candidate will be good humored, extremely organized, have impeccable attention to detail, be experienced with bookkeeping and payroll management, and be both tech savvy and open to doing things the “old fashioned” way when appropriate.
- Work closely with ED on all aspects of running a small nonprofit office.
- Office management
- Organization, maintenance, and oversite of the yearly work plan, calendar, due dates, SOP’s, office and virtual filing, data tracking sheet maintenance, and all other office systems
- Maintain email list and master volunteer/donor lists, draft and send communication as needed, and manage the main email inbox.
- Onboard and train new employees in internal systems
- Process payroll and staff reimbursements
- Oversee all tracking of donations and income, enter all I/E info into Quickbooks, maintain donation processing platform (Donorbox), balance checkbooks, manage petty cash, and generate year end receipts and reports.
- Assisting the ED with annual budget creation.
- Managing Accounts Payable and Receivable and ensure all bills and invoices are paid on time.
- Support Development efforts, grant and funding application processes, etc.
- Support ED with Board of Directors’ engagement and meeting prep, website content, fundraising projects, and other special project management.
- Opportunities for some hands-on work in the area of food handling operations for a small portion of the work time.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office, including Excel and use of pivot tables
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow and internalize specific instructions and processes in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Demonstrated skill in planning, organizing, and problem-solving. Past project management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask and self-manage to effectively meet deadlines
- Previous experience with bookkeeping, payroll processing, accounting, etc. strongly preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks strongly preferred.
Strong support of CHCV’s mission.
- Previous experience in human resources and/or office management a plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CHCV, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Location & Physical Demands
The ideal candidate will live within commuting distance to our office in Berlin, VT. Approximately 50/50 split between remote and in-person office work. 30 to 40 hours a week year-round. This position requires prolonged periods of sitting and working at a computer.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive hourly compensation ranging from $23 to $26 per hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Additionally, there is the potential for a performance-based raise within the first six months, based on demonstrated achievements and contributions to the team. Benefits include generous paid combined time off, paid family leave, and 12 floating holidays per year.
How to Apply
Accepting applications until position is filled, with preference to applicants who apply by February 16th. Interviewing will begin as early as the week of February 19th with an anticipated early to mid-March start date.
Interested applicants should submit:
- Cover letter with description of past office/organizational management work; and interest in local food system/food security
- Contact information for three references
all in PDF format to Allison Levin, Executive Director at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.communityharvestvt.org.