Website Community Harvest of Central Vermont
Community Harvest of Central Vermont (CHCV), Central Vermont’s gleaning organization for the past decade, is looking to hire an Administrative Manager to add to our small, professional staff. CHCV brings the community together through gleaning to recover surplus food produced on area farms to feed those with limited access to healthy, fresh local food, and in the process, helps the community to gain a greater awareness and appreciation of the local food system, healthy eating, and waste reduction.
This position will work closely with CHCV’s Executive Director on the administrative functions of our small nonprofit. Responsibilities will include support for organizational recordkeeping and bookkeeping, human resources and training needs, and related data and systems management to help our small team function at its best. The specific job description and responsibilities are evolving. The majority of this position will be office-based, with some opportunities for food handling/outside gleaning work.
The successful candidate will be good humored, extremely organized, have impeccable attention to detail, and contribute to a reactive and mission-driven workplace.
Compensation is $20/hour to start with generous paid combined time off.
At least fifty percent of work to take place in our Berlin VT office, with opportunity for some remote work. Likely hours are 30 to 40 hours a week year-round.
Learn more about how you can our work to help everyone eat local! See CommunityHarvestVT.org for program information and full job posting.
General scope of work
· Work closely with ED on all aspects of running a small nonprofit office.
· Office management
o Organization, maintenance, and oversite of: work plan, staff job descriptions and tasks, calendar, due dates, SOP’s, office and virtual filing, and all office systems.
· Light bookkeeping
o Oversight of all tracking of donations and income, and yearly reporting
o Tracking and payment of expenses
o Assist bookkeeper with all info they need for Quick Books etc.
o Engage volunteers when possible
· Support ED with: HR matters, Board of Directors’ engagement, website content, fundraising projects, budgeting, and other project management.
· Opportunities for some hands-on work in the area of food handling operations for a small portion of the work time.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and use of Pivot tables
· Excellent writing and communications skills
· Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow and internalize specific instructions and processes in a fast-paced environment is a must.
· Strong knowledge of both Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
· Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing, and problem-solving. Past project management experience strongly preferred
· Ability to multitask and self-manage to effectively meet deadlines
· Previous experience with bookkeeping, accounting, etc. preferred
· Knowledge of Quick Books not required, but an added benefit
· Strong support of CHCV’s mission.
· Previous experience in human resources and/or office management a plus
How to apply
Accepting applications until position is filled. Interviewing may begin as early as the week of March 13th.
Interested applicants should submit:
– Cover letter with description of past office/organizational management work; and interest in local food system/food security
– contact information for three references
all in PDF format to Allison Levin, Executive Director at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Allison@CommunityHarvestVT.org