Website Dismas of Vermont, Inc.
The Hartford Dismas House (HDH) Director is a champion of the underserved, offering residents positive interactions with the greater Upper Valley community recognizing that some residents are not permitted by law to be in NH. During their next step in their career, the Director is the leader of the daily program operation of HDH, including residential life, administrative functioning, community outreach, fundraising in partnership with the DOV Development Director and supervision of data-management. House Directors are appointed by and responsible to the Local Council, DOV Board and the DOV Executive Director. Supervision is by the Executive Director, with selected assistance and input from the DOV Program Manager. Annual reviews are the responsibility of the Executive Director. The HDH Director must respond to emergencies in a timely way. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- being present for the residents of the house and partner with them as they develop their futures after incarceration. This includes some evenings and weekends, while being on call to help troubleshoot or respond to emergencies.
- having knowledge of the population we serve, and evidence based best practices to help people move into stable permanent housing.
- leadership and management of staff, creating a culture of continuous improvement and positive morale.
- community relationship building with volunteers, volunteer cooks, employers, landlords, donors and local officials.
attending community dinners, in circulation with staff.
- supporting and partnering with the DOV Development Director to ensure a steady funding to support programming at HDH.
Why we do this work:
- We believe people can change, and they should not be identified by the worst day of their lives.
- We know that without the support of the staff and the community, most formerly incarcerated individuals will likely end up involved with the Criminal Justice System again. Individuals engaged with DOV have a recidivism rate of less than 5%.
- We believe we can make lasting change in how the formally incarcerated are viewed in their communities by providing a hand up, and creating a community that supports everyone as a valued member of society.
- MVP Gold Standard health insurance plan for you and your family paid entirely by Dismas of Vermont.
- Life and Disability Insurance paid entirely by Dismas of Vermont.
- Automatic 2% of salary contribution to a simple IRA retirement plan whether you choose to contribute or not.
- 4 weeks of paid time off accrued during your first year of service! An additional day for every year you work for Dismas of Vermont!
- Dental and Vision insurance plans available.
Please submit both a cover letter telling us why you are interested any position and a resume when applying to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com