Website Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity
Class of Employment: Full time, salary (commensurate with experience)
Schedule: 40hr/wk, flexible. Some nights and weekends are required.
Reports to: The Executive Director
Overview: Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is the largest nonprofit homebuilder in the world. Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity (GMHFH), an affiliate of HFHI, has been servicing northwestern Vermont for more than 35 years. By providing affordable housing opportunities, the organization has transformed the lives of hard-working families, helped stabilize communities, and fostered economic vitality in the area. Yet, the potential for support from the community is virtually untapped.
We’re looking for a Development Director who can connect us to resources and lead us into the next phase of extraordinary growth. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing relationship-builder responsible for all partnerships and fundraising related to the organization.
· Create and oversee the implementation of a strategic fundraising plan, which includes major gifts, planned giving, multi-year pledges, corporate donations, events, and in-kind resources.
· Maximize public awareness of the mission and the work of GMHFH.
· Direct and support the fundraising efforts of the Board, volunteers, and staff.
· Oversee the donor stewardship coordinator, and work closely with other affiliate staff.
· Develop and provide leadership to annual giving programs, direct mail, matching gifts, monthly giving, and online giving.
· Lead efforts and assist the Executive Director in private and corporate foundation giving through research, relationship building, identifying, cultivating, and securing new donors.
· Act as a public representative of the organization
· Attend and participate in scheduled Board meetings, Board and staff retreats, and both regional and national HFHI conferences.
· A Bachelor’s degree.
· 3 years progressive work experience in philanthropy.
· A heart for GMHFH’s mission, a strong commitment to the issue of affordable housing, and determination to secure the necessary resources to fund the cause.
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Computer proficiency, donor database/CRM knowledge required.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage details and data efficiently and effectively.
· Strong leadership qualities, the ability to both delegate and execute.
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to David Mullin at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org