Website Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity
Location: 528 Essex Road, Williston, VT
Class of employment: Full-time, salary
Reports to: Habitat ReStore Director
Overview: The Habitat ReStore Manager is a senior advisory role that involves overseeing the operations and workflow of donations, customer experience, financial goals, and planning. The store manager’s job is to ensure the business is running well with smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of shoppers and donors.
• Provide leadership and supervision to all staff and volunteers.
• Analyze sales to expand, shrink, and/or eliminate floor space within a department.
• Ensure store alignment with the Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity 3-year strategic plan.
• Work with ReStore Director (RD) on streamlining donation protocol and develop ways to save merchandise from the waste stream.
• Develop sales initiatives to meet financial goals and plan budgets with the RD.
• Final cash drawer reconciliation, weekly audit of sales spreadsheet and deposits at the bank, and monthly progress of sales goals.
• Manage reviews of the interior, exterior and development plans for improvement.
• Train management team on the customer service program.
• Develop the reporting for Donor Management Database and provide feedback on marketing, incentives, and development for donor satisfaction and repeat business.
• Work with the management team to establish and adhere to the “Four Core Values”.
• Continue to build business donation accounts and work with RD to foster new ones.
• Work closely with RD to advance marketing strategies and sales promotions.
• Continually enhance store displays through example and delegation
• Lead tracking and trending analysis for donations, pickups, marketing, customer experience, and sales.
• Attend ReStore Management team meetings and give reports on the progress of the store monthly. Develop daily and weekly team meetings with staff and management.
• Provide task lists for management and department employees.
• Assist the RD with the hiring of all staff.
• Audit weekly schedules for staff and help fill empty shifts with other employees.
• Cover store openings and closings when management staff is absent.
• Procure and complete paperwork for donated vehicles.
• Perform employee reviews along with the ASM.
• Represent GMHfH ReStore within the community, at national and regional training, mixers, round tables, and other events outside normal working hours.
• Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to develop daily shifts, special events, and workdays.
• Responsible for all loss prevention and collaboration with local police departments.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Retail management experience.
• Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office and POS software.
• Ability to operate office equipment, trucks, warehouse, and other equipment.
• Self-motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic.
• Able to work with and motivate people with diverse backgrounds and capabilities.
• Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and defuse problems as they arise.
• Commitment to a safe, secure, attractive, and friendly work environment.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Jonathon Goldhammer, Habitat ReStore Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org