Website Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity
Do you have a passion and drive to apply your talents to make a difference? Are you looking for an employer that understands the importance of having a work-life balance? Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity (GMHFH) seeks a motivated and hardworking individual to serve as our Volunteer Coordinator. Come join our team as we help local families build strength, stability, and independence through affordable homeownership.
The Volunteer Coordinator’s role is to heighten awareness and participation in the mission of GMHFH. This position oversees the complete volunteer management cycle, including recruitment, screening, scheduling, communication, stewardship of organizational volunteer teams, and acknowledgment of volunteers, oversees family sweat equity, and assists with various organizational activities.
- Recruit, screen, and schedule volunteers for all events, construction sites, and Habitat ReStores
- Develop community and corporate partnerships for special projects, including Team Builds, Women Builds, Collegiate Challenges, and Care-A-Vanners, and coordinate in-kind and financial donations to support these programs
- Manage volunteer database, update projects, verify hours, and prepare reports as needed
- Oversee and grow the volunteer acknowledgment program (events, swag, snacks, mailings). Seek out ways to procure in-kind goods to support this.
- Lead “Habitat 101” talks when needed to educate volunteer groups on the mission and vision of GMHFH
- Facilitate volunteer orientations and schedule volunteer meetings for the Habitat ReStore
- Provide volunteer-related content for newsletters, social media posts, and other outreach channels
- Serve as Host Site Manager for all incoming AmeriCorps members
- Attend tabling events and volunteer fairs
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with volunteer coordination, event planning, public relations, non-profit organizations, or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse people and personalities.
- Computer literacy and fluency in the Microsoft Suite. Database experience is a plus.
- Photography skills are preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with help.
- Knowledge of and willingness to promote the mission of Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity.
Compensation & Benefits
The initial pay rate for this position is $20-$22 per hour. Initial compensation is determined based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. Benefits include a health reimbursement plan, 120 hours of vacation and sick time, ten paid holidays, and a 20% staff discount at the Habitat Restore.
To apply, e-mail a cover letter and resume to Alison Johnson at [email protected]. Position open until filled.
Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, place of birth, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, citizenship status, past, present, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, crime victim status, a positive test result from an HIV-related blood test, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit vermonthabitat.org.