Hartford Community Coalition
Hartford Community Coalition is seeking an Assistant Summer Lunch Coordinator for our Take a Bite Out of Hunger Program
The Hartford Community Coalition (HCC) began in 2013 from a deep caring for, and commitment to all members of our community. Each program, volunteer, and employee reflects the integrity of our organization by uplifting and supporting our community members to maximize the well-being of our neighbors.
HCC is a collaborative group of community members designed to support and promote the wellness of individuals and families. Our vision is for Hartford to be a supportive community where people embrace and achieve their personal, professional, emotional, and physical well-being. Our coalition acts to reduce the stigma and impact of alcohol and drug use, food insecurity and mental health in support of the development of a healthy, safe, and resilient Hartford.
The Summer Lunch Program, an essential part of the Hartford Community Coalition’s Take A Bite Out of Hunger initiative, provides hundreds of lunches Monday-Friday during the summer months for children and their families throughout the Upper Valley. The program is seeking a Seasonal Assistant Coordinator.
HCC Executive Director
Part-Time/Seasonal/Hourly 20 hour work week
Location: White River School, White River Junction, VT
Duties include assisting the Take a Bite out of Hunger Coordinator with the day-to-day operations of the program. Ideal candidates will possess strong communication and organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a busy program environment, and the people skills necessary to communicate effectively with our volunteers and program participants. The position is part –time, seasonal, Monday – Friday, from 8:15am to 12:15 pm, June 12- August 14th (holiday observed on July 4th) A few hours of preparation will be required the first two weeks of June, hours flexible.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assists Coordinator with the daily operation of the program
- monitors on-site operation
- assists with daily set-up
- assists with menu verification and food quantities
- fosters a positive environment for volunteers and program participants
- organizes food for 7-10 off site lunch sites
- ensures that all closing tasks are completed and that food
- prep and dining areas are safe and sanitary
Provides oversight of volunteers:
- greets, provides on-site orientation, and assigns volunteers to daily tasks
- creates materials to support volunteers
- monitors volunteer assignments and makes appropriate adjustments in response to changing needs
- coordinates volunteer sign-ups to ensure adequate coverage
- completes daily confirmation calls with volunteers on schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Proven success in leading teams/volunteers
- Excellent organizational and problem–solving skills
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
- Comfortable communicating with children and families
- Proven ability to relate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal and team –work skills
- Proficiency with on-line applications
- Willingness to serve during Coordinator’s absence
- Proficient math skills
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license
- A sense of humor is appreciated
Physical Demands and Work Environment
80% of this position is completed while standing, walking, crouching or kneeling.
20% of this position is completed while sitting.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment is an elementary school cafeteria, closed toed shoes are required, shirts are provided.
If you are looking for a fun, rewarding and faced paced job for the summer, we want to hear from you! Use this link to apply today: https://forms.gle/E5Q3zLfSWSKqDg3K8
Hartford Community Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.