Hartford Community Coalition
Hartford Community Coalition is seeking a Summer Lunch Coordinator for our Take A Bite out of Hunger Program
The Hartford Community Coalition (HCC) began in 2013 from a deep caring for, and commitment to all members of our community. Each program, volunteer, and employee reflects the integrity of our organization by uplifting and supporting our community members to maximize the well-being of our neighbors.
HCC is a collaborative group of community members designed to support and promote the wellness of individuals and families. Our vision is for Hartford to be a supportive community where people embrace and achieve their personal, professional, emotional, and physical well-being. Our coalition acts to reduce the stigma and impact of alcohol and drug use, food insecurity and mental health in support of the development of a healthy, safe, and resilient Hartford.
The Summer Lunch Program, an essential part of the Hartford Community Coalition’s Take A Bite Out of Hunger initiative, provides hundreds of lunches Monday-Friday during the summer months for children and their families throughout the Upper Valley. The program is seeking a Seasonal Coordinator.
HCC Executive Director
Part-Time/Seasonal/Hourly 27.5 hour work week
Location: White River School, White River Junction, VT
Duties include leading the day-to-day operations of the summer food program including food menu planning and purchasing, food preparation and coordination, and communication with community partners. Ideal candidates will possess strong communication and organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a busy program environment, and the people skills necessary to communicate effectively with our volunteers, community partners, and program participants. Strong attention to detail is a must, experience with ordering food in large quantities helpful. The position is part–time, seasonal, Monday–Friday, from 8:00am to 1:30 pm, June 12, 2020- August 14 , 2020 (holiday observed on July 4th.) Some program preparation work will be required the first two weeks of June, hours flexible.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates the daily operation of the program including:
- orders food for 1200-1500 lunches weekly
- organizes food preparation for volunteer staff to assemble
- sets up food distribution for 7-10 delivery locations
- coordinates menus with USDA food site
- tracks inventory, minimizes food waste
- fosters a positive environment for volunteers and program participants
- ensures food preparation and cafeteria areas are safe and sanitary at all times
- communicates with 7-10 community partners/summer camps to determine weekly food needs
- works closely with delivery driver to meet changing needs of community partners
- Completes weekly (written) reporting for USDA food site
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent organizational and problem–solving skills
- Demonstrated success leading paid and volunteer staff
- Comfortable communicating with children and families
- Proven ability to relate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal and team –work skills
- Proficient math and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license
- A sense of humor is appreciated
Physical Demands and Work Environment
90% of this position is completed while standing, walking, crouching or kneeling.
10% of this position is completed while sitting.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment is an elementary school cafeteria, closed toed shoes are required, shirts are provided.
If you are looking for a fun, rewarding and faced paced job for the summer, we want to hear from you! Use this link to apply today: https://forms.gle/E5Q3zLfSWSKqDg3K8
Hartford Community Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.