Job Announcement: Executive Director
HatchSpace, a dynamic, nonprofit woodworking education center and community workshop serving Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, is seeking candidates for the newly created position of Executive Director. HatchSpace provides instruction, mentorship, tools, and an expansive community workshop to further its mission of promoting traditional woodcraft and the value of working with one’s hands to create beautiful and useful work.
HatchSpace’s Executive Director will provide strategic leadership and,
· Develop a business growth plan to extend HatchSpace’s capacity and impact.
· Cultivate a great and safe workplace culture through communication and engagement.
· Prepare an annual budget, oversee all fiscal, management and control systems.
· Research grants, major donors, and other new funding opportunities
· Cultivate community partnerships and collaborations to advance HatchSpace’s goals.
· Partner with a committed and passionate board of directors to further HatchSpace’s mission
· Provide administrative oversight of all operations
Key Leadership Competencies
· Passion for the HatchSpace mission as a vital community service
· Integrity, honesty, and flexibility. Willingness to greet surprises with a sense of humor
· Knowledge of budgeting, fundraising, marketing, and communications
· Excellent leadership skills; connects well with others
· Outstanding strategic and project-planning skills.
· Embraces diversity, equity, and inclusivity
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Values collaboration, involves staff in decisions, and is open to ideas and input
· Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit or Business Management, or Higher Education
· At least five years of relevant experience in a comparable environment
· Three or more years of nonprofit, executive leadership, fundraising, marketing/communications and supervisory experience
· Experience in membership services, vocational, makerspace or education administration
· Experience with woodworking or similar craft
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Digital media skills a plus
This is a full-time salaried, exempt position located on-site, with generous salary and benefits.
Check out the full job description at: www.HatchSpace.org
To Apply: send a cover letter and resume to:
HatchSpace – Hiring PO Box 1526 Brattleboro, Vermont 05301
Or email email@example.com subject line: HatchSpace hiring
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org