Website Himalayan Cataract Project
HIMALAYAN CATARACT PROJECT
TITLE: Procurement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Procurement
LOCATION: Waterbury, VT or Norwich, VT or Silver Spring, MD
Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP) works to provide critical eye care services, training for health professionals, and enhanced eye care infrastructure throughout Asian and Sub-Saharan Africa. Thirty-nine million people are needlessly suffering from blindness worldwide, 18 million of whom are blind from treatable cataracts that can be cured with a 10-minute, $25 surgery. HCP has offices in Vermont and in the Washington, DC metro area, with programs in 7 countries on 2 different continents and an estimated 75 implementing partners.
Himalayan Cataract Project is expanding its team to meet new challenges, scale its work, and broaden its reach. We are seeking individuals with an aptitude for operating in growth environments with interest and/or experience in scaling systems.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Procurement Coordinator will participate in multiple aspects of the HCP Procurement Program, including accounting, operations, federal grant management, partner relations, vendor relations, planning, and project management. The primary function will be to support purchasing and delivery of eye care equipment for HCP programs, its partners and external customers. In addition, the Procurement Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Director of Procurement to ensure that HCP fulfills its mission effectively.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Procurement Coordinator works to advance the organization’s equipment and consumable procurement efforts in support of our mission.
• Prepare quotes, invoices and purchase orders for HCP projects and external customers
• Assist Director of Procurement with evaluation of quotes and equipment for acquisition
• Purchase equipment as needed for HCP Projects and external customers
• Develop and maintain relationships with HCP partners and external customers
• Prepare customs documents per country requirements for international shipments
● Accounting & Bookkeeping
• Prepare payment requests for Procurement Program purchases for authorization for payment by Chief of Programs
• Follow up in HCP Accounting system to ensure that payments are made to vendors
● Office Management & Administrative Support
• Provide administrative support to Director of Procurement
• Organize and maintain HCP Procurement electronic and paper filing system
All employees are expected to work as a team and to contribute to any activity that could promote the success of the organization.
● Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Advanced Excel a big plus
● Basic Accounting knowledge and use of accounting software (QuickBooks or any other similar program)
● Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Business Administration or 2-3 years’ working experience in procurement or related field
● Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines and time restraints
● Flexible – capacity to perform multiple tasks as needed
● Working knowledge of the industry and ability to make adjustments to meet requirements
● Works well independently and as part of a team
WORKING WITH HCP:
Himalayan Cataract Project is a high-energy and fast-paced organization. We work to change eye care in low to middle income countries with a firm commitment to eradicating unnecessary blindness and reaching the unreachable patient. We are a small team where everyone plays an important role and has an impact. We hire individuals who are professional, collaborative and creative thinkers with a passion for our mission.
We invite qualified candidates to submit a resume and cover letter. Please send materials via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Himalayan Cataract Project considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com