Website Himalayan Cataract Project
TITLE: Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
LOCATION: Waterbury or Norwich, VT (Remote work is a possibility for exceptional candidates)
The Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP) works to cure needless blindness with high quality, cost effective eye care in underserved areas of the world. Thirty-six million people are blind worldwide, yet 80% of this burden is treatable or preventable. Cataract is the largest cause of blindness affecting 17 million people, who could be cured with a 10-minute, $25 surgery. HCP is keenly focused on enduring solutions to avoidable blindness for under-resourced people and communities, not only providing critical care but strengthening local capacity to provide high-quality eye care to the underserved. HCP has offices in Vermont and in the Washington, DC metro area, with programs in 7 countries on 2 different continents and an estimated 75 implementing partners.
Himalayan Cataract Project is expanding its team to meet new challenges, scale its work, and broaden its reach. We are seeking individuals with an aptitude for operating in growth environments with interest and/or experience in scaling systems.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Program Coordinator will backstop the Program team on logistics, data collection, systems development and project management. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in international development and share HCP’s passion for supporting local implementing partners to cure needless blindness. The position requires organization, attention to detail, thinking in systems and a focus on finding and building efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Program Coordinator works to advance the organization’s Programmatic efforts in support of our mission.
● Process payment requests for training and outreach activities (gathering backup documentation, wire tracking and notification)
● Coordinate the logistics for travel related to Training and Outreach activities (i.e. visas, support letters, medical licensing, travel guides, conference registration, etc.)
● Assist in compiling programmatic data for grants, reports and donor info requests
● Facilitate registrations, travel, stipends, and reimbursements for trainees
● Work with MEL Manager and program partners to ensure programmatic data is complete and accurate
● Support Program team in grants and partner management in areas including drafting agreements and amendments; support partner sub-recipient monitoring efforts
● Support the Program team in their interface with Development, Communications, Operations, Procurement and Finance departments to ensure strong internal coordination of HCP Programs
● Liaise with Finance department to report on use of restricted funding
● Review budget and expense reports from implementing partners for completion and accuracy
● Support meetings, assisting with scheduling, preparation, minutes and requisite follow-up
● Support the development of programmatic content for the website, annual report, social media, email newsletters, and other materials on an as needed basis
All employees are expected to work as a team and to contribute to any activity that could promote the success of the organization.
Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, the ability to write clearly and consistently for a myriad of audiences, excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
● Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
● Minimum of 1-2 years professional and relevant work experience
● Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and ability to learn new technologies and software quickly
● Highly organized, efficient and self-directed work style
● Ability to successfully build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels
● INGO experience preferred but not required
WORKING WITH HCP:
Himalayan Cataract Project is a high-energy and fast-paced organization. We work to change eye care in low to middle income countries with a firm commitment to eradicating unnecessary blindness and reaching the unreachable patient. We are a small team where everyone plays an important role and has an impact. We hire individuals who are professional, collaborative and creative thinkers with a passion for our mission.
We invite qualified candidates to submit a resume and cover letter. Please send materials via email to: email@example.com with reference in Subject line to Program Coordinator.
Himalayan Cataract Project considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org