Website Himalayan Cataract Project
HIMALAYAN CATARACT PROJECT
TITLE: Fundraising Copywriter
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
LOCATION: Waterbury, VT or Remote
TYPE: Part-time, 20 hours/week
The Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP) works to cure needless blindness with high quality, cost effective eye care in underserved areas of the world. Thirty-six million people are blind worldwide, yet 80% of this burden is treatable or preventable. Cataract is the largest cause of blindness affecting 17 million people, who could be cured with a 10-minute, $25 surgery. HCP is keenly focused on enduring solutions to avoidable blindness for under-resourced people and communities, not only providing critical care but strengthening local capacity to provide high-quality eye care to the underserved. HCP has offices in Vermont and in the Washington, DC metro area, with programs in 7 countries on 2 different continents and an estimated 75 implementing partners.
Himalayan Cataract Project is expanding its team to meet new challenges, scale its work, and broaden its reach. We are seeking individuals with an aptitude for operating in growth environments with interest and/or experience in scaling systems.
SCOPE OF WORK:
As a key member of the Development and Communications teams, the fundraising copywriter writer will be tasked with writing and editing inspired and effective emails, letters, landing pages, phone scripts, and other fundraising copy that drives results; editing and managing copy produced by outside vendors for consistency with HCP’s style/voice; and managing the fundraising copy development process from concept to approval to final output. This person will be creative, deadline-driven and able to act in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Responsible for writing key fundraising materials – acknowledgement letters, solicitation letters, email appeals, brand awareness cultivation, video scripts, website donation pages and other digital marketing content
● Creating engaging copy that inspires people to become donors, sustainers and mid-level supporters
● Work collaboratively with other departments to gather information and create compelling content
● Manage and edit all fundraising copy
● Maintain proficient knowledge of the HCP’s history and programs
● Be an HCP brand ambassador, ensuring fundraising copy is on-brand, effective and highlights the dignity and resilience of the people we serve
All employees are expected to work as a team and to contribute to any activity that will promote the success of the organization.
● Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or a related field
● 3-5 years of proven experience in fundraising copywriting, including producing content for fundraising campaigns, emails, reports, and other donor communications with proven metric examples of success
● Excellent editing and proofreading skills in English
● Excellent organizational, time-management and leadership skills with proven abilities in coordinating people and operations
● A creative and collaborative spirit with outstanding communication and people abilities
● Deadline-driven and able to write copy quickly
● Ability to take feedback well and adjust content accordingly
WORKING WITH HCP:
Himalayan Cataract Project is a high-energy and fast-paced organization. We work to change eye care in the developing world with a firm commitment to eradicating unnecessary blindness and reaching the unreachable patient. We are a small team where everyone plays an important role and has an impact. We hire individuals who are professional, collaborative and creative thinkers with a passion for our mission.
We invite qualified candidates to submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples that demonstrate your talent in fundraising copywriting. Please send materials via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Himalayan Cataract Project considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com