Website Howard Center
SIGN ON BONUS – Provide clinical services to youth and adults who are experiencing mental health emergencies, emotional distress, or are in a self-defined crisis.
First Call for Chittenden County responds to mental health emergencies, with the philosophy that the caller defines the crisis. The population served includes youth and adults in Chittenden County, other family members or natural supports, Howard Center staff, medical and mental health care providers, law enforcement, schools, and other community partners. Full and Part-time opportunities are available.
- Respond to locations that are deemed safe, least restrictive, and convenient for client/families throughout Chittenden County
- Collaborate with family members, medical and mental health professionals, law enforcement, schools, and other community partners
- Provide in-person assessment, including substance use screening, or intervention services
- Navigate the mental health system of care and make referrals to the appropriate level of mental health treatment
- Clinical documentation and additional administrative tasks
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or mental health field
- VT Clinical License or License Eligible and on the Roster of Non-Licensed, Non-Certified Psychotherapists (See Licensing Requirement Notice Below)
- QMHP credential required after 6 months of employment
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle
- Ability to perform duties during scheduled shifts, regardless of the time of day or day of week
- Experience in making and prioritizing critical decisions
- Experience in navigating the mental health system of care for children and adults
Licensing Requirement Notice:
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid clinical license then you must be added to the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
- Full time (37.5 hours) or Part-Time (20 hours)
- Four- day work week
- Union eligible
- Annual salary starting at $59,408.79 (non-licensed) or $61,816.95 (licensed), pro-rated for part-time
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
Click the link below to hear from individuals currently in this role:
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
To apply for this job please visit howardcentercareers.e3applicants.com.