Website Groundworks Collaborative
Are you looking to have an impact on an entire community? You can – as the Director of Shelters at Groundworks Collaborative. This dynamic organization is committed to providing food, shelter and supportive services in the Brattleboro area.
The Director of Shelters is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team responsible for delivering operational excellence for two shelters while ensuring an environment of dignity and respect. Directly supervising two Shelter Coordinators and indirectly supervising a staff of 20, the Director has the creative opportunity to enhance programs, develop new initiatives, implement change and set high service delivery standards.
Excellent pay and benefits! Don’t miss this opportunity to be a leader at this innovative Agency.
- Ensure shelters are fully staffed through robust recruitment, onboarding, training and retention initiatives.
- Create an exceptional workplace and a team culture of collaboration, ownership and leadership that attracts, engages and retains staff members and volunteers.
- Train staff in managing/deescalating crisis situations and in nonjudgmental and compassionate approaches to working with people in vulnerable situations.
- Develop annual program budgets and manage resources accordingly.
- Ensure all day-to-day operations meet the needs of clients, staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to support implementation and oversight of shelter policies and procedures.
- Oversee the compliance of federal, state, town and private funding regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements.
- Play a leadership role in addressing HR issues, employee disputes, and disciplinary actions as needed
- MS degree in Social Work, public administration, psychology, or related human services field.
- Five years of senior non-profit administrative, homeless services or housing experience working with substance abuse, mental illness and individuals with trauma histories.
- Significant experience working with low income and diverse populations.
- Significant experience supervising staff, team building and advancing a great workplace environment.
- Track record in evaluating, enhancing and managing programs, systems building, planning, budgeting and grants management.
- Leads change and develops new systems using a creative and innovative lens.
- Ability to manage conflict, de-escalate crisis situations and resolve problems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org