Website Institute for Sustainable Communities
Since 1991, the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) has led more than 130 transformative community-driven sustainability projects in 31 countries including the United States, China, India, and Bangladesh. ISC helps unleash the existing power of local people and institutions to address immediate social, economic, and environmental challenges and opportunities – all building those on-the-ground solutions into national and international best practices and policy. At the heart of the organization’s approach is results-focused, authentic, and pragmatic engagement with all stakeholders, which unearths locally-driven and equitable solutions to the biggest challenge we face – global climate change.
Scope of Work
The Institute for Sustainable Communities is seeking a Human Resource Generalist to provide support to the Interim Head of Human Resources, and to provide continuity of support through the hire and onboarding of the permanent VP of People and Culture. The Human Resource Generalist will be primarily responsible for administration of HR systems and processes related to payroll, benefits, hiring, orientation & onboarding, and offboarding, while utilizing an equity lens.
While ISC is a global organization of approximately 60 employees, the majority of responsibilities will pertain to the U.S. staff of approximately 35 employees. Expected level of effort is 20 hours per week for six months, with the possibility of a permanent full time position under the incoming VP of People and Culture.
The consultant will:
- Process US payroll changes in Paylocity HRIS and maintain electronic HR files
- Update and organize information on the appropriate google drive including open recruitment files, organization charts, benefits information and current job descriptions
- Update employee demographic data for reports as required
- Support recruitment process including advertising and posting, candidate management, interview scheduling, creation of interview materials, conducting reference checks, and generate offer letters
- Process short term disability claims and corresponding payroll calculations
- Coordinate and schedule orientation sessions for new staff; process onboarding paperwork including E-Verify
- Process staff exits including generating exit confirmations, COBRA letters, final pay and vacation calculations, and coordination of return of technology
- Process benefits changes with appropriate vendors (Medical, Dental, FSA, Life Insurance, etc.)
- Serve as a regular contact person with US benefits service providers including processing monthly invoices and records maintenance
- Additional projects as requested
- 3 or more years of experience with Paylocity (Payroll, HR, Onboarding and Recruiting modules) required
- 5 or more years of Human Resources generalist experience in non profit organizations supporting senior teams and variety of staff with the above responsibilities
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to perform HR responsibilities using an equity lens – understanding and working with diverse stakeholders with comfort and ease
- Proficiency with Google Workspace
- Attention to detail and data entry skills with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage, process and analyze information with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously with sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Connection to ISC’s mission
Proposals can be submitted on a rolling basis. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, along with cost information by submitting the following documents:
> An expression of interest letter, with:
- Name and contact details
- Three references who can speak to consultant’s successful completion of similar work, with contact details (email and telephone)
- Hourly consulting rate in USD
> Description of qualifications in a CV (maximum 3 pages)
ISC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. People from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.