Since 1890, Lund has been harnessing hope and providing opportunities to help families provide a safe, secure and loving environment for all Vermont children. As a multi-service nonprofit organization, Lund serves more than 5,000 individuals each year. Lund’s mission is to help children thrive by empowering families to break cycles of poverty, addiction and abuse. Lund offers hope and opportunity to families through education, treatment, family support and adoption.
Residential Program Counselor
$1000 sign on bonus!
About the Position:
· Residential Counselor position includes 4 ten hour shifts weekly. Full time positions are available – all current openings cover some weekend hours. Open shifts:
o Tues-Fri 2pm-midnight
o Wed-Sat 2pm-midnight
o Fri-Mon 2pm-midnight
o Sat-Tues 2pm-midnight
· Counselor will provide parent education, life skill support, and milieu management within treatment setting providing residential services to pregnant and parenting individuals and their children.
· Responsibilities also include medication administration, transportation, and other duties as assigned.
· Collaborate with team of professionals to ensure high quality integrated services for individuals with mental health and substance use treatment needs.
· Opportunities to provide nurturing care to young children in a fun and fast-paced environment.
· Comprehensive onboarding and ongoing training provided.
· Opportunity for clinical supervision toward licensure and/or credentialing attainment.
· Full-time and part-time positions with starting rate $19-$21/hour; salary determined based on education and experience.
· $2.50/hour shift differential offered for overnight and weekend shifts.
· Additional $2.50/hour differential offered for key holiday shifts.
· SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS ALSO AVAILABLE!
What We Look For:
· Bachelor’s degree in human services related field strongly preferred; individuals pursuing Bachelor’s degree and with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
· Experience providing care to young children necessary.
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment; flexibility, adaptability, and open-mindedness necessary.
· Experience working in residential treatment setting preferred.
· Valid driver’s license required.
Why Join Our Team at Lund:
· We honor and celebrate the distinctive strengths and talents of our clients and staff.
· Our work encompasses collaboration with a strong team of professionals and a strengths-based approach to providing services to families.
· Lund’s adoption program provides life-long services to families brought together through adoption.
· Lund’s residential and community treatment programs are distinctive as our work focuses on both treatment and parenting.
· Lund’s educators believe in laughter, the importance of fun, community-oriented activities, and non-stop learning.
· Ongoing training opportunities are available.
· Lund offers competitive pay and paid training, as well as a comprehensive and very generous benefit package including health, dental, life, disability, retirement, extensive time off accrual, 11 paid holidays, and wellness reimbursement. EEO/AA
To apply for this job please visit lundvt.org.