For over 132 years, Lund has been harnessing hope and providing opportunities to help strengthen families and ensure a safe, secure and loving environment for all Vermont children. As a multi-service nonprofit organization, Lund serves more than 5,000 individuals each year. Lund’s mission is to help children thrive by empowering families to break cycles of poverty, addiction and abuse. Lund offers hope and opportunity to families through education, treatment, family support and adoption.
Join The Lund Team: support and empower Vermont families!
Lund is a qualified employer for Public Student Loan Forgiveness.
**$3500 hiring bonus for full time residential counselors**
About the Position:
- Residential Counselor position includes 4 ten hour shifts weekly. Full time and part time positions are available – most current openings cover some weekend hours. Open shifts:
- Counselor will provide parent education, life skill support, and milieu management within treatment setting providing residential services to pregnant and parenting individuals and their children.
- Responsibilities also include medication administration, transportation, and other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with team of professionals to ensure high quality integrated services for individuals with mental health and substance use treatment needs.
- Opportunities to provide nurturing care to young children in a fun and fast-paced environment.
- Comprehensive onboarding and ongoing training provided.
- Opportunity for clinical supervision toward licensure and/or credentialing attainment.
- Full-time and part-time positions, pay $24-26/hour; salary determined based on education and experience.
- $2.50/hour shift differential offered for overnight and weekend shifts.
- Additional $2.50/hour differential offered for key holiday shifts.
- SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS ALSO AVAILABLE!
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field strongly preferred; individuals pursuing Bachelor’s degree and with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience providing care to young children necessary.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment; flexibility, adaptability, and open-mindedness necessary.
- Experience working in residential treatment setting preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Why Join Our Team at Lund:
- We honor and celebrate the distinctive strengths and talents of our clients and staff.
- Our work encompasses collaboration with a strong team of professionals and a strengths-based approach to providing services to families.
- Lund’s adoption program provides life-long services to families brought together through adoption.
- Lund’s residential and community treatment programs are distinctive as our work focuses on both treatment and parenting.
- Lund’s educators believe in laughter, the importance of fun, community-oriented activities, and non-stop learning.
- Professional growth and ongoing training opportunities are available; Lund offers weekly supervision.
- Lund values employee well-being and strives to be a welcoming and inclusive workplace; staff are encouraged to engage in staff led initiatives for wellness, employee recognition, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Lund is a family-centered organization filled with supportive colleagues and offers work-life balance; some positions offer opportunities for hybrid schedules or schedule flexibility.
- Lund offers competitive pay and paid training.
Lund offers a comprehensive and very generous benefit package including health, dental, life, disability, and retirement.
- Employees earn extensive time off accrual in addition to 11 paid holidays, and annual wellness reimbursement.
- Lund does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, place of birth, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. EEO/AA
To apply for this job please visit lundvt.org.