Website North Branch Nature Center
At North Branch Nature Center (NBNC), each staff member contributes to the mission, the growth, and the success of our organization. We are looking to welcome a member of our Communications Team to help connect people with the natural world.
Our new Communications Coordinator will focus on editing, creating, designing, and producing digital and print content including newsletters, interpretative displays, email marketing campaigns, and social media and blog posts. The successful candidate will manage our email marketing campaigns, social media presence on Facebook and Instagram, and our imagery archive.
The ideal candidate will be able to use their communications experience to help expand our organization’s audience and grow our community by creatively reaching diverse demographics and geographies, and advancing our commitment to closing the “Nature Equity Gap.” At NBNC we believe all people need and deserve access to nature and nature education, and we understand that real barriers exist. We are dedicated to prioritizing the needs and challenges of underserved, marginalized, and diverse populations.
- Organized, efficient, reliable, and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaborative teamwork and to NBNC’s mission.
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives. Commitment to professional development in equity, inclusion and justice.
- Demonstrated expertise in communications, marketing/outreach, and graphic design (ideally Adobe Suite software).
- Excellent editing and writing skills required, with the ability to learn and master new communication formats quickly.
- Photo editing and management skills highly desired. Photography skills desired.
- Fluency on Windows-based and Google Suite platforms required; proficiency in WordPress and social media marketing desired.
- Able to work remotely during the pandemic, from NBNC at least periodically thereafter, and outside in most weather as needed for photography and other assignments.
- Two or more years experience or a degree in journalism, communications, media studies, environmental communications, or a related field.
- Interest in and demonstrated experience with communicating about nature and natural history highly desired.
About NBNC: North Branch Nature Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Moreover, as part of our commitment to equity, inclusion, and justice, we actively seek to strengthen our organization by diversifying our staff. We encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities, people who identify as LBGTQ+, and People of Color.
Location and Hours: North Branch Nature Center is located in Montpelier, Vermont. During the pandemic the majority of the work will be conducted remotely, but the successful candidate must be able to occasionally travel to NBNC for onsite programming and meetings. Post-pandemic, the candidate must be able to periodically travel to NBNC, though much work could still be performed remotely. Work hours are somewhat flexible, and the ideal candidate will be willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends for events. This position is budgeted for an average of 24 hours per week and receives Earned Time Off.
Application: Please send a letter of interest, resume, and up to three writing and/or design portfolio samples to EmilyS@NorthBranchNaturecenter.org on or by February 15, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org