Website Northeast Wilderness Trust
Digital Media Intern
Reports to: Outreach Manager
Position duration: 16 hours/week, 4-5 months
Application deadline: September 16
Location: New England or eastern New York (remote work with some travel)
Northeast Wilderness Trust conserves forever-wild landscapes for nature and people across New England and eastern New York. The land trust currently protects more than 65,000 acres of forever-wild land.
The Digital Media Intern will support the Wilderness Trust in sharing and promoting the values of wild places. They will craft and share content through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube), Enewsletters, and blog posts.
Through this internship, the Wilderness Trust will provide tools and knowledge that will build a foundation for future work in communications, digital media, and conservation. The intern will contribute meaningful work, access professional development and learning opportunities, identify career goals and opportunities, and develop skills and relationships. They will gain training in digital communications and an understanding of land trusts, wilderness values, and natural history.
At the Wilderness Trust, we value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We strongly encourage individuals from backgrounds underrepresented in the conservation field to apply.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
· Post to social media accounts 4-6 times per week, using captivating photos, stories, news, and educational facts to elevate the public’s understanding of and support for wild nature
· Cultivate and increase the Wilderness Trust’s social media followers and connections
· Visit a Wilderness Preserves for photos, stories, and/or events (if transportation is needed, NEWT will make every effort to provide transport)
· Interview at least one landowner, donor, or conservation partner for a feature story
· Help with various communications administrative tasks, including but not limited to: captioning photos and videos for accessibility; archiving digital content; organizing photography
Preferred Education & Skills:
· Familiarity with social media platforms, especially within a professional context
· Desire to learn about wilderness conservation and digital marketing tools
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
· Strong writing skills, creativity, and attention to detail
· Willingness to work outside of internship description as needed
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a small staff
To Apply: Email your resume and one-page cover letter as a single PDF to [email protected] by 5:00 PM on Friday, September 16.
To apply for this job please visit newildernesstrust.org.