Website Rainbow Playschool at Woodstock
Rainbow Playschool is a non-profit organization located in Woodstock, Vermont. We are a licensed 4 STARS accredited program providing daycare and preschool services with an emphasis on play and outdoor education to children between 6 weeks and 5 years old. The children are able to grow and thrive in our large outdoor learning and play area, abutting the Marsh Billings National Park.
Rainbow Playschool was founded in 1981 and has served families in Woodstock and the surrounding communities of Barnard, Pomfret, South Woodstock, Reading, Hartford, Quechee, Bridgewater, Royalton, and Plymouth for almost 40 years. We are looking for a full-time Program Director who will create a caring and safe environment for the children in our newly renovated building at the foot of beautiful Mt Tom just outside of Woodstock village.
The Program Director is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the school. Full job description and duties will be discussed upon interview and is available upon request.
If you are a passionate leader who wants to grow and develop their staff and our next generation of children, we look forward to meeting with you.
Please send Resume, cover letter, personal philosophy and salary expectations to email@example.com ATTN: Lauren Matz
– 2-3 years of childcare experience preferably as a center director
– Must be able to work as an Associate Teacher under VT State Guidelines
– At least 1 year of full time teaching experience in an early education program or equivalent
– Supervisory experience
– A desire to make a positive impact in the lives of children and staff
– Excellent leadership skills
– The ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with teachers and families
– Exceptional communication and organizational skills
– Computer literate
– 2 years childcare experience
– Vermont Early Childhood and Afterschool Program Director Step 1 certificate OR a 3 credit college course in program management AND a 3 credit college course in curriculum equivalent Education recognized by the State
– Three credit college course in Budgeting and Financial management for early care and education (can be completed within one year of hire).
– Meets Vermont child care licensing regulations including a minimum of an Associates or Bachelors degree with a concentration in ECE, Child or Human development, Elementary Education or Special Education or related/equivalent field of study