Website SEVCA, Inc.
SEVCA is a non-profit Community Action agency serving the needs of clients in Windsor and Windham Counties of Southeastern Vermont. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Finance team.
COMPTROLLER. Reports directly to the Finance Director (FD). Oversee, assist other Finance staff with, and perform directly as needed, the full range of Finance Dep’t functions, including: Accounts payable & receivable, general ledger accounting, grant / contract management, human resources, payroll processing, cash receipts, financial reporting, etc. Assists in the administration of the financial / business functions of the department on a day-to-day basis. Serves as liaison between FD, other Finance Staff, Program Directors, and Executive Director, including: Keeping everyone informed of new grants and requirements, creating & monitoring budgets, directing and assisting in the development and ongoing adjustment of general ledger coding, overseeing grant reporting schedules to ensure accuracy and timely reporting, etc. This position has growth potential for the right candidate.
1. Bachelor’s in Accounting or Business Management and 5 years’ related experience. A demonstrated track record in the field, an exceptional level of skills & knowledge, and an adequate number of completed and/or planned accounting / finance courses, may substitute for the required degree.
2. A strong background working in a non-profit finance office environment and with grant accounting / management preferred
3. Excellent computer proficiency, especially extensive and advanced experience in the use of accounting and spreadsheet software, and solid word processing skills
4. Supervisory, personnel management, or demonstrated finance / administration staff team leadership experience
5. Demonstrated ability and skills to work effectively with non-finance Dep’t Managers and Program Directors / Coordinators to develop and manage budgets, produce and analyze reports, and generally establish and maintain positive, productive relationships between them and the Finance Office
6. Human Resources experience or knowledge a plus
Full-time, salaried / exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Full benefits package including paid time off (sick, personal, vacation), 12 paid holidays, available Health, Dental, Vision insurance packages, available Life, Disability insurance packages, available HRA or FSA, and available 403b retirement with match.
Send cover letter and resume by Sept. 15th to Finance Director Tom Clews (firstname.lastname@example.org), or contact him) if you have any questions. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com