Website Sojourns Community Health Clinic
WHAT IS SOJOURNS COMMUNITY HEALTH CLINIC?
Sojourns Community Health Clinic (a 501(c)3 non-profit) provides integrative wellness-based healthcare services to thousands of people. We provide primary care, chiropractic, physical therapy and chronic disease management services. We are recognized for our apothecary and treating Lyme disease and other tickborne illness. Our goal is to continue to evolve our integrative practice model and to serve as a model for integrative care, locally and nationally.
Located at eleven-acre organic Long River Farm in Westminster, Vermont, Sojourns is rooted in a sense of place where natural beauty helps support patient healing.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR?
The Executive Director has strategic and operational responsibility for Sojourns’ staff, budget and execution of our mission. Our ideal candidate will understand how the healthcare system works, see possibility and opportunity in integrative, holistic healthcare, and have the leadership experience and business acumen to lead our organization into the future. They will be a collaborative connector, an agile problem solver and a compassionate leader who will help us identify where we are going and work alongside us to build and walk the path to get there.
WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Work with Board members and staff to develop, evolve and operationalize a strategic plan, aligned with the Sojourns mission. Lead the team to achieve the goals set forth in a strategic plan.
- Work with staff to develop and deliver high quality, accessible integrative healthcare service offerings.
- Recruit, lead, engage, coach, develop, and retain a team of practitioners and client/patient services staff.
- Oversee daily operations to ensure organization is compliant and financially sustainable. Provide board members with regular status reports.
- Work with staff to develop and execute community outreach, communications and fundraising strategies to raise awareness and support achievement of organizational goals.
- Create and cultivate community partnerships to support organizational goals.
- Advocate for integrative healthcare and represent Sojourns in local, statewide and national forums.
- Other duties as may be required or requested.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCES THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS POSITION?
- High personal and professional integrity, with a passion for the Sojourns mission.
- Senior leadership experience (5+ years’ experience preferred especially within a mission driven and/or entrepreneurial organization).
- Highly effective relationship builder, communicator and listener at all levels of the organization, as well as with the community and other external constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and lead philanthropic/fund-raising efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble a highly qualified and effective team and the ability to recruit, mentor, develop, engage and delegate to that team.
- Experience developing an organization’s vision and leading a team to accomplish that vision.
- Demonstrated experience with financial and operational management to lead a non-profit organization. Experience working with a nonprofit Board of Directors.
- Expertise and knowledge of change management, project management and people management.
- Demonstrated understanding of current health policy, compliance and regulatory requirements and future challenges for an integrative health care practice. Experience with Medicare and third-party insurance preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or the equivalent combination of skills and experience.
WHAT LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES WILL OUR IDEAL LEADER DEMONSTRATE?
- Business acumen
- Change agent
- Effective, consistent communicator
- Emotional intelligent leader
- Experienced team-builder
- Fundraiser and story teller
- Mission driven
If this description describes you and your experience, we’d love to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY: please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identify (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org