Website Spectrum Youth & Family Service
Spectrum is seeking a creative, passionate, and inspired Communications Professional to join our Development & Communications team. This position oversees all aspects of Spectrum’s marketing and communications and is the primary keeper of Spectrum’s voice, helping donors see how they can make a difference in the lives of teenagers and young adults, and helping youth know what services are available to them. This position has a salary range of $45,000-$60,000, and the final title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please include a cover letter and three examples of relevant work by June 30th, 2022. No phone calls please. Submissions without a cover letter and examples will not be considered.
- Creates and manages the editorial calendar for the agency.
- Oversees the editorial calendar and digital communications, including the agency website, social media channels, email communications, and assists with program-related communications.
- Assists the director in editorial planning, writing appeals and copy for print publications (such as newsletters and annual reports), and other donor communications.
- Works with program staff to gather and develop stories while protecting client confidentiality.
- Develops collateral for fundraising and various programs, working with vendors, designers, and printers as needed.
- Contributes to shared development department responsibilities, such as special events and donor
- Excellent storyteller with exceptional writing skills and the ability to tailor voice for different channels. Knowledge of writing for nonprofit fundraising a plus.
- A drive to continually learn and stay informed about best practices in the fields of nonprofit communications and marketing and a commitment to excellence. Ongoing training and coaching provided.
- A strong understanding of digital communications, including social media, email, and web. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites, WordPress, video, and/or HTML a plus.
- Collaborative and energetic and able to work both on a team and independently.
- Ability to work with disparate staff, clients, and vendors to collect and develop stories for a range of platforms and media.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Candidates without this degree but with significant experience in the field are encouraged to apply
- Communication and/or marketing experience of 3-5 years preferred.
- Commitment to the value of diversity with respect to gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation and religion.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color; multilingual speakers; women; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.