Website Spectrum Youth & Family Services
Join a team of passionate, committed, and fun people who are dedicated to making sure teens and young adults can get help when they need it most. At Spectrum, our goal is to create an environment where employees feel supported and healthy, can do their best work, and have a time to enjoy their lives outside of work. Spectrum’s culture is inclusive, collaborative, and outright fun at times. Last year, our employees voted Spectrum one of Vermont’s best places to work! You can help make the lives of our youth better and have a career you love.
Spectrum is seeking a Development Officer to join our Development & Communications team. This position is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to track, enhance, and grow revenue and build relationships with current and prospective donors, with the opportunity to grow into managing own portfolio of donors once established. This is a great opportunity to learn best practices in all aspects of development on a small team.
Anticipated Salary: $50k to $60k depending on experience. Benefits include excellent health, dental, and vision insurance, 27 days of combined vacation and holiday time, unlimited health leave, a 4-week sabbatical every 6 years, a 403b retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and a free yoga membership at Sangha.
• Establish and maintain complete and accurate tracking processes & systems to recognize, cultivate, acknowledge, and communicate with past and current donors.
• Assist leadership in creating solicitation and year-round engagement strategies to strengthen relationships with new and current donors.
• Research and qualify new major gift donor prospects, and support leadership in their stewardship and cultivation of major donors.
• Provide professional assistance and interaction with donors via phone, computer, and face-to-face.
• Manage the appeal mailing process, working in partnership with team members and external vendors.
• Other duties as needed to help the organization reach its annual goals.
• Exceptional attention to details, well organized, focused and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative, energy, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to represent Spectrum with donors and the general public.
• The ability to create, execute, support, and oversee a comprehensive donor acknowledgement and recognition plan.
• Prior experience in database management required; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Candidates without this degree but with significant experience in the field are encouraged to apply.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Commitment to the value of diversity with respect to gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation, and religion.
• We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color; multilingual speakers; women; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume
This position is eligible for an excellent benefits package; including health, HRA, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, accrued vacation, unlimited health leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.