Website Sterling College
The Student Support Services Coordinator oversees all aspects of accessibility and accommodation services, learning support, and wellness services at Sterling College. This 12-month, year-round position reports jointly to the Dean of Academics and Dean of Community and is based in Craftsbury Common, VT.
The Student Support Services Coordinator has responsibilities relating to each of the three areas listed below, as well as some general responsibilities given at the end:
Accessibility and Accommodations
In this aspect of the role, the Coordinator serves as the College’s 504 Coordinator, leading Sterling’s ongoing efforts to operate in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities. The role includes:
– Coordinating and implementing Sterling’s policies and procedures relating to students with disabilities;
– Chairing the College’s Accessibility and Accommodations Team to lead the review of student disability documentation and accommodation requests;
– Ensuring prompt and equitable resolution of inquiries and complaints from students regarding discrimination on the basis of disability;
– Maintaining records of all disability and accommodation matters and the resolution of the same;
– Maintaining current information regarding applicable laws and regulations concerning the rights of persons with disabilities, the best practices of other small, experiential institutions of higher education, effective means of providing reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities while maintaining program and performance standards;
– Communicating effectively, including by developing informational and educational materials to broadly disseminate information regarding College’s policies relating to persons with disabilities in work, community and academics, as well as our broader aspirations to improve the accessibility of our campus and promote justice and equity for disabled persons.
In this aspect of the role, the Coordinator oversees the ongoing development and implementation of a comprehensive academic learning support program in collaboration with the Dean of Academics and Associate Dean of Academics & Director of Advising. The role includes:
~ Working individually with returning and newly admitted students each semester to assess and support learning and development, including development, coordination, and implementation of individualized academic support plans for students;
~ Assisting the Admission Office in talking about learning support structures at Sterling College with prospective students;
~ Facilitating advising and learning support professional development with faculty advisors, in collaboration with the Associate Dean of Academics, including an annual half-day training faculty retreat days; and
~ Coordinating relationships with off-site individual tutors as appropriate.
In this aspect of the role, the Coordinator ensures Sterling has a full spectrum of wellness support services, and students have barrier-free access to healthcare when needed, in collaboration with the Student Life team. The role includes:
– Supporting and nurturing holistic wellness for students at Sterling College;
– Maintaining relationships with local health and wellness resources (e.g., Lamoille Health Partners, Planned Parenthood, VCIH, local counselors, VDH in Morrisville, Local Emergency Planning Committee in Newport, and others);
– Establishing new external partnerships with local health and wellness resources in order to meet the needs of the student body;
Protecting patients/student confidentiality;
– Assist students with navigating College insurance plan;
– Maintenance and administration of a well-stocked Wellness Center to support students in accessing first aid and wellness supplies
Finally, the Student Support Services Coordinator will serve as a member of College Councils and Committees as assigned; and will introduce new students to all support services at Sterling during student orientation programs in Fall and Spring.
Click here for a full position description and application instructions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com