Website Stowe Land Trust
Lead a bold expansion of this 37-year-old organization’s impact and reach to use the power of land conservation—in both traditional and new ways—to enhance the quality of life for everyone with a connection to the Stowe area.
Are you an inspiring, creative, and visionary leader passionate about protecting community forests, farms, recreation, scenic, and other natural resources for future generations? Do you also thrive on collaborating directly with dedicated staff and board members, public and private organizations, and volunteers to work side-by-side in accomplishing shared goals? Does the idea of building an organization and advancing a bold 5-year strategic plan on a diversity of initiatives excite and engage you? If so, Stowe Land Trust’s (SLT’s) Executive Director opportunity may be a great match for your talents and personal and professional aspirations.
Please visit the website in this ad for a PDF of the Organizational Profile & Vision for this role, and/or to request a confidential exploratory call with our executive search partner, Beth Gilpin Consulting.
SLT’s board of directors seeks individuals capable of advancing the organization’s vision; ensuring its financial health and stability; leading long-range planning and goal setting; and leading collaboratively to execute on SLT’s strategic goals with staff and board members, all while upholding SLT’s core values.
Key responsibilities include:
● Representing SLT in all land conservation conversations within Stowe and with neighboring communities, by interfacing as the primary liaison with landowners, donors, community-leaders, and regional, state, and national associations.
● Leading strategic, policy, fundraising, and high-level operational oversight.
● Inspiring, supporting and developing staff.
● Leveraging recent capital campaign funding to increase SLT’s capacity to achieve the goals in the 5-year strategic plan; this includes hiring additional senior staff in FY 2024 and building out SLT’s team.
● Partnering with a large working board to envision and achieve strategic goals.
● Furthering SLT’s efforts to become a more inclusive land trust.
The E.D. will also champion key goals and actions laid out in the strategic plan:
● Increase the pace of land protection that responds to community needs
● Invest in our commitment to steward special places
● Advance a shared vision for a sustainable future
● Provide critical experiences and connections
● Increase the accessibility, connectivity, and sustainability of our trail network.
● Increase our ability to act quickly, innovatively, and strategically.
Advancing this work will require holding a compelling vision while also overseeing the timely completion of concurrent projects, building relationships while working hands-on to advance initiatives, being comfortable with the ambiguity that accompanies growth and change, and thriving in an entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment.
The search committee will consider candidates on a rolling basis for interviews starting in late winter.
Stowe Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.