Website The Arlington Common - AmeriCorp VISTA
The Arlington Common is currently accepting applications for a 2022-2023 AmeriCorps VISTA position – Program Development & Outreach Coordinator!
Through communication and outreach efforts, you will connect and expand our partnerships with other local organizations and communities that we serve by building relationships, designing curricula, and piloting programs. You will partner with the Battenkill Valley Health Center, a federally-funded health clinic, and Arlington Memorial High School, whose students seek a non-traditional educational path, to break the cycle of poverty by developing and implementing:
- wellness program for those who need but don’t have access to such opportunities;
- sustainable plan for various local food insecurity organizations;
- program for students interested in employment training;
volunteer system to build community at The Arlington Common.
Members in the AmeriCorps VISTA program serve full time for one-year terms. They build capacity in nonprofit organizations to help them more effectively generate the commitment of private sector resources, encourage volunteer service at the local level, and empower individuals and communities. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for building community and a desire to help grow our new, creative, and entrepreneurially-spirited organization. This is a full-time position with a one-year term from 08/15/2022 – 08/04/2023.
The Arlington Common’s vision is to be a community hub that enhances and strengthens the Arlington area through creativity, wellness, and education. Nestled between the beautiful Battenkill River and the Green Mountain Range, Arlington is the quintessential Vermont village but is close to Manchester and Bennington; both towns are home to fun dining and entertainment. The area also offers convenient access to great skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and fishing while only two hours from Burlington and roughly three hours from Boston and New York City. This position couples living in a beautiful place with meaningful work.
- Collaborate with Battenkill Valley Health Center to expand our wellness programming for low-income residents, design systems to increase participation and research grant and funding opportunities for programming support.
- Partner with Battenkill Valley Health and other organizations focused on increasing food security in order to develop systems for distribution & delivery for hunger alleviation programs.
- Enhance the Flexible Pathways Program with Arlington Memorial High School which provides awareness and training opportunities for alternative career paths. This project will include building partnerships with employment mentors and researching grant and funding opportunities for programming support.
- Develop a plan to recruit and manage community volunteers. This will include designing materials (forms, position descriptions) for volunteers, and developing community partnerships for the volunteer program.
Program benefits include: Living Allowance, Relocation Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Training, Childcare assistance if eligible, Health Coverage*.
Accepting Applications: 04/20/2022 To 07/20/2022
Terms: Permits attendance at school during off hours, Car recommended, Permits working at another job during off hours
Service Areas: Education, Hunger, Elder Care, Health, Community and Economic Development, Community Outreach
Skills: Teaching/Tutoring, Education, Communications, Computers/Technology, Non-Profit Management, Writing/Editing, Leadership, Fundraising/Grant Writing, Community Organization, Team Work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org